chapter eight

Ed's POV

I started to show up in Taylor's house very often ever since we got engaged. Well, her parents did not allow me to live there unless we were married. It was not a shocking news for me because I knew her parents well and they are actually quite religious.

Since Tessa made it into the state's team, she had a lot of practices, leaving me having Taylor to myself all day long. 

The day before, I booked a vacation for me and Taylor  in Paris. The reason I chose there was because I wanted to pick the wedding decorations from Paris' wide range of choices. I wanted our wedding to be the best. I hoped Taylor would like it as it was a surprise.

We were at my house as Taylor did not feel like being alone. We cuddled on my sofa, watching It's A Wonderful Life.

' Taylor I have something exciting to announce ' I said then she looked up to me.

' What is it? '.

' I have booked a vacation for us. In Paris. Well, I hope to choose our wedding decorations and stuffs there. What do you think? ' I said. Her jaws dropped.

'Oh My God, you did? That is so sweet! ' she squealed then hugged me tightly. I breathed in her chocolate scent. 

' When? ' she asked,  releasing the hug.

' Next Sunday ' I replied. She let go of me, sitting up straight then faced me.

' That early? ' she looked at me in confusion and I chuckled. 

' Well, I couldn't handle the excitement so yeah ' .

' But... Isn't next Sunday Tessa's qualifying round?  It's in Nashville. The State Championship, remember? Who would bring her there? ' 

Oh God, I forgot about that. But I spent a lot already, booking on the perfect hotel.

'Can't your friends or your parents take her there? ' I said and she instantly bulged her eyes out.

' I'm sorry? ' she looked at me in total shock. 

' I am a mother. I have to be there for her ' she started to pack her things then stuffed it into her handbag.

' Can't you ask them to refund or something? ' she asked but i shook my head.

'  Good sold are not refundable '.

' But I can't go. I need to be with my Tessa '.

' Wait, Taylor. It's just that I've spent a lot already ' I continued but she shrugged it off.

' There is nothing in this world I would trade for my daughter. Not even you ' she stormed out of my house. I saw a shiny little thing on the table where she recently put her bag. I bent forward, taking a clear look at it.

It was the ring I gave her.

___

Tessa's POV

I was finally done with my practice and waited for Ed but when I walked out of my school building, my mom was there. Usually, if it was her to pick me up, she would never be that early. That was a first.

' Hey ' I greeted her when I sat at the passenger sit. She did not reply and I knew something was wrong. She drove straight for home and I noticed that her eyes were puffy. She had been crying.

' Mom are you alright? ' I asked as we were walking into our apartment.

' Mom I'm talking to you. Are you listening?! ' I asked her again but she was still not answering.  I realized that she was not wearing her engagement ring.