Chapter 2

"Siddharth, Siddharth, Siddharth" Everyone was cheering, "I love you Sid" someone said, "Take your shirt off" Someone shouted.... Everyone was cheering for a handsome man singing on stage. He was killing it with his performance. Fangirls were going crazy watching Greek God performing in front of them. His T-shirt was not able to hide is perfectly defined abs and he was very proud of it.

"Thank You Chicago" Siddharth said after finishing his performance and winked.

"Only for You Chicago" he said and ripped his tee off. Alla fangirls go crazy. And he gave flying kisses and winked again.

"Okay that's enough" Avneet said and switched her TV off.

"All these thirsty girls..." she thought burning in jealousy. "Thank God tickets were sold out. I would totally barf if I was there." she said and rolled her eyes.

Present.....

Avneet's pov...

I ran until I reached the school. I didn't know what to think. It was like a person I was with such long was someone else. Someone I didn't know. I couldn't help but... And I started crying.

Jann came running towards me..

"Avi are you OK?" she asked out of concerned.

"No, I am not. Nothing is OK Jan." I said weeping.

"We need to fix your mascara, you can tell me when we are at it." Jann said.

We went to washroom, she fixed my mascara.

"it's all good now look." she said

"Whatever" I said.

"What the hell? We've been prepping for this day from almost an year, you can't back out because of stupid guy. " She said angrily.

"I am feeling betrayed right now jan" I said rolling my eyes.

"I know, but I am not letting that stupid bastard cheater ruin this for you." Jan said.

"Think about it Avneet, it's good you found out about it before we started finding and applying for colleges. Now you can come to Chicago with me. Rohan won't be holding you back. And when we do go to Chicago, it will be you and me, taking over the world. " Jan said and winked. I know she is saying all these to cheer me up and distract me but trust me it's not working at all.

"You sound just like me right now." I said

"Well, someone has to be fun. So until Avneet makes her return, I am doing justice to her teachings." she said and chuckled.

Throughout these messy highschool years Jannat was the one thing I was grateful of. Ever since we met she was always there for me.

"Everything is looking so good this year." Jannat said as we saw the preparation for prom.

"I think you spoke too soon." I said as Priya and her friends came towards us.

"Where is your imaginary boyfriend? I guess he dumped you" she said and chuckled. Jan was about to say something when I cut her.

"I guess you have nothing better to do." I said

"Of course I have, guess who us in list of finalists of prom queen?she said flattering herself.