Chapter 2 Lilith P.O.V (rewritten)

Several Months Earlier

The pain shot through my body. Last night was full of beatings although I can hardly remember them, each night for the past ten years has been the same. I sat up slowly, the throbbing in my nerves only amplifying the pain in my head as I could feel my bones grinding and clicking with every move. I looked down at my ripped clothes died with my own blood. 

I stood up from my metal-framed bed, the pain was ricocheting around my tiny figure, I hobbled over to the bathroom across the hall, I took a minute to stare at my red face in the mirror. I turned the cold tap and splashed the water onto my face trying to clean the cuts and cover the bruises. I had a short cold shower. Before making my way back to my room. I open my small wardrobe and took out a lightly stained black t-shirt, leggings and a big jumper that should cover my scars and bruises, as today is the first day of school.

I went downstairs with my bag hoping that I would be the only one awake so that I could avoid another round of beatings. "Where do you think your going girl" my father was standing in the doorway to the kitchen, his deathly glare piercing straight through me.

"School sir" I slowly turned to face him hoping he would let me go on my way.

He quickly made his way over to me "what are you going to say if someone asks" he grabbed my hair and pulled my head back

"Ah... I am going to say I fell down the stairs" tears started to build up behind my eyes as my voice became strained with the pain coming from the roots of my hair

"Good" he pushed me into the stairs "get out of my house girl" I quickly got to my feet and started to run to school.