Chapter 21 Jasper P.O.V

Carlisle quickly took her into one of the operating theatres, there was nothing I could do, I have never felt so hopeless in all my year of being human or vampire, I knew Alice would be freaking out blaming her self. I took a seat in the lobby, almost instantly women came up to me hoping I was single, I am used to it by now.

About an hour had passed, there was nothing, no single drop of news. I could feel a muffled burning cessation start at the back of my throat, I closed my eyes focusing on every detail of her perfect face, knowing that it would keep the hunger away for a bit.

"Jasper" I felt a hand on my hard leg "Jasper she is going to be alright" I opened my eyes and Carlisle was standing opposite me, I could feel the venom creeping in behind my eyes forming tears that could never fall "before you see her you should hunt" I quickly shook my head never wanting to leaver her side.

I followed Carlisle to her room, I slowly made my way over to her bedside, Carlisle was close by ready to tackle me and take me out of the room if I lost control, seeing her peaceful expression smothered the fire in the back of my throat. I turned to Carlise and embracing him in a hug thanking him for saving my darling home, I wish I could have cried for my love, I will always be thankful to Carlisle for taking me in and helping me with blood.

I took the seat next to her and lightly took her hand in mine, thinking about everything I could inflict on her parents. Carlisle left to look after other patients, "Lilith I should have taken you away from that god awful place" I repeatedly apologised hoping she would wake up.

"Jasper you need to go hunting" Carlisle walked into her room

"No, I want to be here when she wakes up"

He sighed "I will ask Esme to bring something" he knew I was adamant to stay by her. A few hours later Carlisle came back followed by Esme and Alice, Esme handed me a flask of blood.

"When will she wake up" Esme's eyes refused Liliths face

"Most likely not for at least a few days although if she wakes up soon she will be in so much pain I will have to put her back under" I could feel the sadness both my parents were feeling, although I could feel Alice's guilt most, I trying making her feel calm but she just looked at me a shook her head telling me to stop.

The beeping from the heart monitor began to speed up, Liliths eyes slowly fluttered open filled with tears. She tried to move as I ran to her side, Carlisle picked up a needle before walking over to Lilith "hey everything is going to be alright, don't move" I whispered to her as she slowly fell asleep fighting it all the way.

Esme and Carlisle left the room leaving Alice and I "I am so sorry Jasper this is all"

"Stop Alice" I interrupted "don't you dare think for a second that this is your fault"

"But"

"No" I made her feel happy the smile I love filled her face, it was the same smile that she greeted me with in the diner. We continued talking for hours as Lilith slept. Several hours passed when Carlisle came back.

"Alice Jasper you have to go hunting now you have avoided it for to long" Alice instantly stood up although I hesitated before following Alice out the room.