Chapter 6 Jasper P.O.V

I could not stop thinking about Lilith as I did my homework. When I looked at her deeply so I only focused on her emotions all I felt was numbness. What was going on with her? I thought back on her taking in the detail of her face, she had a slight bruise on her cheek as well as consuming her eye. How had I overlooked it? Her face is so perfect and does not deserve a single injury. "Jasper could you think about something else for one minute" Edward stuck his head around the door, I could feel his annoyance, it must be at my constant thoughts of Lilith.

"Sorry there is just something about her"

He rolled his eyes at my answer "you spend so long focusing on how others feel and making them feel calm that you forget how you feel" I gave him a puzzled look "she is your mate"

His words hit me differently, I already knew that she was my mate, it just seemed different, as if someone had turned on a light in a dark room. As I finished my homework I felt the hunger burning in the back of my throat, I needed to eat. I left my room and ran into the forest. I returned about two hours later after eating a bear, mountain lion and a dear. I decided to talk to Carlisle about Lilith's effect on me.