Chapter 3 (complete rewrite)

Alice P.O.V

Today was another first day at a new school something my siblings and I did for decades. My siblings and I walked into the front office of the school to get our schedules we all found that we had different lessons so went our separate ways agreeing to meet up at lunch. I skipped into English excited that I would be the first one to meet the girl from my vision,  I quickly slipped into the seat next to her "Hi I am Alice"

"Lilith" my fragile ice broke at Lilith's fake smile, I saw the start of it, I just could not see the end 

I made attempted to make a convocation with Lilith, she tried to be kind to me and keep up her end of the conversation but was clearly more interested in the lesson but that didn't stop me.

Lilith P.O.V

When lunchtime came around I sat by myself just as I had done since starting high school, I was exhausted from my beatings as well as lack of food, I was never given lunch money and was not allowed to take food from home or else I knew what the punishments would be. 

I got lost in the book I had borrowed from the library, I enjoyed my escapism, forgetting the pain in my body and the complaints of my stomach, when the cold September air brushed past my legs sending shivers up my spine, bringing me back from the fantasy world I cling so desperately to. I looked up to see six beautiful strangers walking into the cafeteria. I recognised one of them the small pixy figure of the forever smiling Alice who looked over to me and waved as she clung to the arm of a tall well built red-haired boy.

They all walked close together except one who just followed behind, he was tall with mussels with jaw length honey-blond hair, he was gorgeous unlike me. He had a lost look in his obsidian eyes. He kept just behind the others, as he sat down his gaze fell over the room stopping on me, as our eyes locked, I quickly snapped my head to face my book not able to focus on the words feeling the blond-haired boy's eyes still on me.