May: Enough is enough.

May had always trusted her instincts. They kept her and those she cared about alive. That's why she had been wary of Annabeth and Percy the moment they stepped aboard. What perplexed her was that as much as her body screamed danger  around them; Percy and Annabeth were warm and welcoming. Coulson had begged her to give them a chance.

"They're good kids, May," Coulson had said to her after the HYDRA battle.

May had given him a look and walked off. It wasn't that she didn't believe that or trust Coulson. She didn't know what to think of the newcomers but Coulson had asked her to give them a chance so she had. Damn him and his puppy dog eyes.

She felt like didn't know much about Annabeth and Percy. She hated that. She felt out of control. Her instincts told her they wanted to help so she trusted them.

Annabeth seemed to care for everyone. After the HYDRA battle, she had rushed around the plane, connecting with everyone that accepted. She checked in on Peter and geeked out with Fitz-Simmons. Annabeth had sparred with Daisy and helped Mack with something mechanical. Then, she had rushed to Percy's bedside, clearly worried. Those two clearly had a thing for each other.

When the plane had crashed, her heart sunk and she couldn't breathe for a moment. Then, Annabeth leapt in the car, her face unreadable. May had punched the gas and sped back to the field, her eyes drifting back to the silent Annabeth. Was she a spy? Had she caused the plane to go down and orchestrated it so she hadn't been in the explosion? When May offered to come, Annabeth had protested. Was she HYDRA?

But it didn't feel right.

But Ward had also fooled them. He had slipped past her guard. May would not let that happen again.

May had seen the panic in Annabeth's eyes as she gave Percy CPR. So maybe she was wrong to be wary.  As Annabeth had begged her to trust her, May was at war with herself. Rational her would have said no but the haunted, pleading look in her eyes broke May. She relented, shoving her suspicions down.

When Annabeth saw the HYDRA soldier, she shut down like she had seen a ghost. Percy snapped her out of it but the soldier affected both of them. But why? How?

Then, Percy revealed his powers that Annabeth had already known about. Obviously, he was inhuman or something but the sword skills didn't add up. Annabeth didn't flinch at anything Percy did, furthering her suspicions that the two of them had history.

May saw the HYDRA assassin lunging for Annabeth and as much as she didn't trust her, she did not want Annabeth to die. So, she sprang towards the soldier, preparing to punch before a strange sensation washed over her. The world blacked out for a second before her sight returned. The soldier had disappeared. 

May whirled around to find the blond man's body laying on the ground, unconscious. Percy sat by the soldier's side, fretting over him. Percy and Annabeth were having a silent conversation. Their faces were solemn like they had been handed a death sentence. What threw May off most was the mysterious man, dressed in an orange t-shirt that read 'Camp Half-blood', standing in between Percy and Annabeth. He had a greek style circlet of golden leaves in his hair. The man's eyes danced brightly, like miniature stars. He smiled at May, warmly. Power radiated off him but it was comforting like being in sunshine on a summer day.

No one else noticed him. The man nodded his head at May and then glowed brightly, blinding May. When she could see again, he was gone as if she had never been there.

The silence lasted two seconds before May had had enough. She need answers. Now.

"What the hell is going on?" May demanded, "Who was that?"