Annabeth: First Days Suck...

The last thing Annabeth saw was Percy hitting his head and then she woke up in a room, laying on a cold stone ground. Annabeth bolted upright, eyes wild as she scanned the room. Questions raced through her mind.

Deep breaths, Annabeth, deep breaths.  

It appeared to a holding cell almost like a cage. It was fixed in the center of whatever this room was. A camera blinked at her from the top corner of her prison. Annabeth patted her body but to her disappointment, her dagger was gone. Annabeth could see the outline of a door on the far wall but the bars of her cell obstructed any view of a keyhole or lock on it. An emblem of a skull with tentacles was branded onto the door. 

That's not SHEILD's logo.

Annabeth stood and grasped the cool metal of the bars, only to be shocked. Pain ran up her hands and she yelped, stumbling back. A wisp of smoke flew off the bars, dissipating into the air.

Stay calm, Annabeth. Take inventory.

 Annabeth surveyed her new "home". A bowl of water lay in the back corner near a small cot. The cot seemed unstable and bare. There was a small envelope folded, sitting atop the cot. Cautiously, she approached the papers. Annabeth extended a hand and palmed the envelope. Gently tearing it open, Annabeth found a piece of card stock and a sheet of paper. Puzzled, she turned the photo over and barely managed to stifle her gasp when she saw him. Percy bound to a metal frame. Bands of steel held him against the structure and his face was contorted in pain. Small wires with clips on the end forced his eyes to be open. They had chained him up like an animal! Annabeth let out a slow and forced breath as she attempted to hide her anger. Blood ran down his forehead, coating the left side of his face. Gashes littered his bare chest. A white haired man wearing spectacles was studying Percy in the photo. He was smiling as Percy screamed. Annabeth's blood boiled but she remained neutral for the camera. Laying the photo on her cot, she unfolded the letter and found three words, written in a typewriter font.

Ready to comply?

She internally scoffed. Looking up to the camera, she smiled sweetly before flipping it off. She flung the letter to the ground and picked up the photo. Pretending to be confused, she studied the little details of Percy's bonds and how to take them off if she could reach him.

Hang on, Seaweed Brain! 

Annabeth circled her cell, studying the large room surrounding her.

"Hello?" she called. Her voice echoed into the darkness. "Where the hell am I?"

The door into the room slammed open and the white-haired spectacle wearing man from the picture stalked in. He carried himself with an obvious sense of entitlement. Annabeth immediately despised him.

"Hello, Ms. Chase." 

"Who the hell are you supposed to be, Mr. Tall White and Creepy?"

"Doctor." he replied, tightly.

"Doctor Creepy?" Annabeth retorted with a smirk. "You must have a lot of patients that like that name."

"Doctor Whitehall, if you please." he replied, seemingly unfazed by Annabeth's attitude.

"I stand by what I said, Doctor." Annabeth replied, venomously as she crossed her arms with a glare.

"I understand that you were thinking of working for SHEILD." Whitehall continued, brushing off her comments. He circled her cage, eyeing her warily.

"They offered a job. I needed one. I took it." she said, simply.

"So, you have no love for your colleagues? I will admit that you and the other boys were surprises. We were after Coulson. But if you have purpose to Coulson, I'm sure you can help us. One of the boys put up quite the fight when he awoke. He kept asking about the people he came with." Whitehall said, raking his eyes up and down Annabeth.