3

i had agreed to work with him

today the plan was to go to his office and work with his imminent team. i was hoping he wouldn't be there but i would have no say in it as it is.

my outfit was skinny jeans jeans with a black body suit and a cardigan paired with boots and silver jewelry.
wearing rings always made me think of owen and how he used to play with them constantly.

i stoped by my office to tell Mariana the plan in hopes that she could find a way for me to get out of this.
"good luck and keep me posted!" she says as i close the door behind me.
lexi does not know what i had been up to the past couple of days, i knew what she would say which is why i didn't want to tell her.

tony drove me over to smith industry's i once again sighed as i walked in talking to the front desk lady, i told her i was here to meet with mr smith and she told me where to wait which happened to be almost right in front of her in a uncomfortable looking chair. i waited there for a little over fifteen minutes even though we were supposed to meet ten minutes ago.

"sorry to keep you waiting" he says entering the lobby type area
"you would think for a place so nice the chairs would be a little more comfy" i say
"i'll keep that in mind"
the two of us walk up the stairs and to a new room with a few other people in it.
"alana this is jesse, theo and chris. they will be helping you out if you need anything" he says
"wheres the closest exit?" i ask
i hear owen sigh behind me as the three boys try to contain their laughter.

"i take it you two know each other?" chris asks
"we went to high school together" i say not wanting to include details.
"well this should be interesting" theo jokes
"mhm"
we got started looking at different types of clothing, they called this an initiation to the industry. as if i would actually join this shit.

"well i'm gonna grab a coffee do you guys want anything?" theo asks
i give him my order and the three of them leave, could theo not do it himself? anyways, this left owen and i together.

"how do you feel about transferring here" he asks
"absolutely not"
"yeah i figured that would be your answer"
"why would i ever agree to work with you"
"you're better off here under this industry"
"better off with you? yeah right"

"so i hear you're living with lexi now?" he asks
"stalking me are we?"
"i had someone send over your files"
"you don't need them, owen. you're just being creepy"
"if you end up working here then yes, yes i do"
"god are you fucking stupid? i'm not working here it will never happen." i snap
"you might end up loving it"
"i assure you, i won't"

after a few minutes in silence the three boys come back with coffees and set them down on the table i front of us.
"were all going out tonight" theo says circling his finger around at the five of us in the room.
"oh no i shouldn't" i say
"cmon, it's been a long day this will be fun"
theo reminded me a lot of shane always trying to get me out with the guys.
"maybe another night" i suggest
"please" jesse begs
"fine, but i need to go home first" i tell them
"that's fine" chris claps his hands together in excitement.

we finish a few hours later, thank god. working with owen was a lot better then expected although we didn't talk much.
"i can drive you home if you want" owen offers
why is he doing this.
it made sense so i wouldn't have to make tony get me but it would take me a while to figure out what to wear and i don't want to make him wait.
"i don't know how long i'll take"
"i can wait" he says
i assumed he was going in what he was wearing now which was a white button down and grey slacks.
"fine"

"lexi doesn't know we're working together so don't mention it. make something up" i say before we walk into the apartment
"you're back!" lex says turning around from the fridge
"what the fuck is he doing here" she asks
i walk into my room leaving the two to figure out the rest on their own. a few minutes later a small knock is on my door.
"what" i call out from the bathroom where i was putting on earrings.
the door opens revealing owen.
"i needed to ge- wow you look, wow"
i look down at the floor hiding the possible redness my cheeks had been flushed with.
i was wearing a short red skirt and a black body suit, it was simple outing wear so i didn't think i looked all that great.
"we should get going" i say putting on black heels.
"yeah"

when we walked back out to the kitchen lexi looked just as confused as before.
"you guys are going on a date!?" she asks
i nudge owen with my elbow seeing as that was the information he had fed her.
"no lex were not going on a date." i sigh, i should just tell her what's going on
"then what?"
"were doing a project together and his team is going out so i'm joining" i tell her
"you couldn't have just said that? be home before two, please. and owen don't even think about touching her"she says
we both nod and head out the door and back down to the car.