15 - part 1

it's been a week, i have been in and out of smith industries working with the other models as well as theo, chris and jesse. i haven't seen a whole lot of owen, just here and there. but we have a dinner tonight to talk about me possibly becoming his partner. which i was currently getting ready for.

"so what exactly are you going to get out of this?" lexi asks as she straightens the back of my hair.
"i mean, it's a very good opportunity for me if i get it. plus being able to push owen's buttons all day everyday is something my eighteen year old self would die for."
"but you would still model right?"
"yeah, i would. i would also just have a more business side to it and better pay."
"that's my girl, alright now go get this job!"
she puts down the straightener.

i looked at myself in the mirror once more. owen said he would be picking me up. he was typically early. we agreed on six thirty but with it being five forty five now i didn't want to take any chances of being late.
i had a black pantsuit with a emerald green low cut lace bodysuit on underneath. the blazer should cover enough but still have to keep it interesting. i paired this with black stilettos and a small black prada bag.

as i suspected there was a knock on the door. because i was still putting my earrings in, lexi went out to invite owen in.
"O-dawg great to see you again, and again and again!" lexi says making me laugh
"yeah you too lex. is alana here?"
"she said you two were meeting there, you just missed her"

"oh lexi, would you stop it" i walk out of my room and go towards the kitchen where the two of them are.
"you look beautiful" he tells me and i give him a small smile
"god i feel like i'm back in highschool again. you two have fun i am gonna go binge a show and wait for the details when you get home!" she turns on her heel and goes down the other hallway to her room.

owen looks down at his watch then back at me.
"we don't have to leave for about ten minutes, is that okay with you?" he asks
"um, yeah that's fine."
"what's wrong"
"you know i can drive to you, you always come here but it doesn't always have to be that."
"then i couldn't pick you up."
"what a gentlemen you are"

i grab two glasses and fill them with water from the fridge handing him one.
"i'm gonna be honest with you, if we go to this dinner and it's just to tell me that im not gonna be you're partner im not going and wasting my time so just lay it on me now."
"i have a different proposition for you where you could eventually lead your way up to being my partner. it's not that easy sweetheart."
"i don't want it"
he raises an eyebrow

"you haven't even heard-"
"any position that is not your partner is under you. i will not work under you."
"with a chance to be my partner in a couple of months. the media would have a field day if owen smith suddenly hires one of his models to be his business partner"
"im not one of your models."

"we have a reservation. let's go."
"dinner is on you."
"it always will be."

a silent forty five minute car ride gets us to one if by land, two if by sea. i've been here a few times. not bad.
"i had a reservation under owen smith"
"ah yes, right this way."

we get seated next to a window that looks out onto the streets of new york. there were waters set out aswell as plates and silverware.
"you're server will be with you momentarily"
"so what's the position?"
"hold your horses mrs wright, we just sat down."
"and i have no intention of spending any more time with you than i have to. the position please." i sip my water
"missionary"
i nearly spit the water out of my mouth and my eyes widen
"still your favorite?"
"owen." i stare him down
"answer my question i'll answer yours."
i suck my teeth and narrow my eyes in on him, he was playing games. two can do that.

"not anymore."
"you seemed to like it a few weeks ago, i mean, anyone who heard you would have known you were enjoying it."
"the position, please" i feel myself blushing
"i want you to be the modeling manager, you run them, you help them, you teach them."
"no."
my answer was quick. it was his partner or nothing.
during the silence we both order drinks, i have an espresso martini and he sticks to water.

"you're perfect for the job."
"it's not the job that i want, i was very clear. either i get the job or i go back to mariana, soon enough you will be crumbling under her agency. with the promoting i do for it you don't stand a chance. you will never see me again unless it's in a magazine or on a billboard"
"see that's where you're wrong, you forget this modeling agency is not my only corporation, i have clubs, an oil company, i fund doctors offices and many other things. you would be stupid to run back there when there is plenty of opportunities here"
"then i guess im stupid, goodbye Mr smith." i shrug and stand up from the table.