11

it was the day to leave for italy, my pre show nerves were really getting to me, besides the fact that owen has barely talked to me since we had sex, which also didn't make me feel so great considering we had sex.

"stop freaking out, you know you're going to be fine. you always are." lexi calls from the kitchen.
"three shows in two weeks lex, i don't think i've ever done that before" i yell back.
next i hear footsteps making there way to the bathroom.
"oh would you stop, you are good at what you do. stop thinking that you're not!"
"i know, but it's my first show without mariana"
"when do you leave?"
i look at my apple watch,
"i have to be in the office in 25"
"get your butt out of here. go! now!"

she grabs my arm pulling me out of the bathroom and to the front door.
"okay, i'll see you in a couple weeks."
she gives me a hug before opening the door and sending me on my way.

i go down to my car unlocking it and getting in after throwing my big suitcase and carry on in the trunk.

"you're late" is the first thing owen says to me when i walk into the building.
"you said ten. it's nine fifty." i snap at him
"get your shit to the jet"
what the fuck is his problem?
jesse theo and chris meet me in the lobby when owen walks away.
"don't take it personally, he's been a dick all week." chris says grabbing my suitcase.
"he always gets stressed out the week of shows" jesse adds taking my carryon
i sigh and follow them out the back door to the jet.

when we get onto the jet i take out my prescription from the front pocket, lorazepam . quick acting anxiety med. flying always made me nervous. owen said all the other models flew separately but he wanted me to go with him. that was a week ago but im sure he's regretting that decision.

"alright, we rented out one of my hotels a few miles from the arena. chris and theo you're rooming together, jesse i have you with marcus."
i stayed quiet assuming i would be rooming with one of the other models, that's what i was used to.

"how long is this flight?" i ask, not to anyone specifically.
"if you read the email i sent out you would know" owen snaps
i sigh and shake my head
"seven and a half hours" theo says.
i give him a smile and go back to my book.

after four hours i was beyond bored. like out of my mind bored. usually lexi and i would be gossiping or something and that would take up a majority of the flight. we also never had a flight this long so that's another part of it.

owen goes to the back room and out of curiosity i follow him.
"what"
"just grabbing a water" i reach down to the shelf and grab one
"right"
"what stick has been up your ass this week?"
i ask him.
"nothing you need to worry about"
he passes by me and goes back out.

the rest of the flight was pretty silent. we landed at 5:56pm New york time, 11:56pm Milan time.
obviously we weren't tired but we had to be up in six hours so it was safe to go to bed on the early side.

"god i'm exhausted" i groan after we step foot off the jet
"me too" chris sighs
we get into a black SUV that takes us to a hotel. we each get our room keys and owen nods me over to him after the boys walk off.
"you're in a suite, by yourself" he tells me
"what? why?"
"i made the arrangements two weeks ago, it was too late to change them."
"but why-"
"just go up to your room, i'll see you tomorrow"
he walks away and leaves me in the lobby.

a few minutes later i take the elevator up to the sixteenth floor and down the hall to the 26th room on the corner and open the door.
a king sized bed, full sized kitchen, a couch, a table, a TV, a few chairs, big vanity, giant windows looking over milan and never mind the bathroom. a big clear glass shower, big white tub and nice sink and a big mirror over it.
wow.
i don't bother to unpack now, i should just get some sleep. I change out of my flared leggings and sweatshirt into pajama shorts and a tank top.

sleep wasn't happening. maybe becuase of how early it was? no that wasn't it. it was owen.

owen smith
october 23rd 12:37am

question about the
show can i come to
your room?

i wait a few minutes and no answer. i guess he was sleeping? nope. probably ignoring me.
you would think if i had a question about something he is planning he would answer.

after tossing and turning a while longer there's a knock at my door.
i get up and open it.
"is this a question or a booty call?" owen asks
"you're drunk" i could smell it on his breath.
"and you're a bitch, but here i am"
i narrow my eyes at him and pull him into the room.
"what is the matter with you" i ask him
"no problems here" he hold up his hands in defense and laughs.

he sits on the couch and i stand in front of him.
"we had a really good night last week, and since then you've been a dick to me. what's your problem."
"my problem is that after four years of needing you we have sex and you throw me out like i'm some hookup" he snaps
that's what's bothering him? you've got to be kidding me.

"you had to know we weren't going to be anything after that. owen come on."
"it was different, alana."
"yeah maybe for you but it was just sex owen."
i sit next to him.
"you made the first move, i don't know if you forgot that part. you came onto me, i had no intention of having sex with you ever again but you let it happen."
i scoff in his face.
"yeah, it was a mistake now get the fuck out of my room."
"no alana i didn't mean it li-"
"get out."

he stands up and walks out slamming the door as he leaves.