Forgiveness

It's been a couple of months since we announced that we are expecting.  My whole family and Drew's are beyond thrilled.  For Drew's mom and dad it's their first grandchild, so I am expecting them to spoil the heck out of the little guy or girl. 

My mom and dad are thrilled to be adding their 4th grandchild to the Anderson clan.  My dad is already hoping for a boy and then as he says we'll have a forward line and one defense.  I can't help but laugh. 

Drew has been amazing and when he is home, he has been running around and getting me whatever I am craving at the moment.  So far it's been dill pickles and chocolate frozen yogurt.  He makes this grossed out face every time I ask for it, but to me it tastes like heaven.

I get up out of bed and I miss Drew's warm body next to mine. He is off on a 3 game road trip that ends this afternoon and he is hoping to be home by the time my shift ends at 9:00 tonight.

I am usually okay the first couple of days when he goes, but after the second night of sleeping alone I really start to miss him. I think because I almost lost him all those years ago I feel like the universe is going to take him away for good this time. I have talked to my therapist about all this and I am getting better at trying not to think this way.

My phone starts ringing and I see it's Drew Facetiming me and I smile sitting on the edge of the bed.

"Morning Baby Anderson," he says with that killer smile that I love.

"I was just thinking about you Mr. McKenzie," I say rubbing my small baby bump.

"Oh and just what were you thinking about?" he asks me.

"How much I missed waking up beside you," I say.

"I miss that too, but I should be back to tonight and then I can properly show you how much," he says with a wink and a smirk.

I blush a little, even through Facetime he can still make me blush.

"How is the little peanut doing?" he asks.

"He or she is doing great. I now officially look like I am pregnant. My belly popped out over night," I say.

"Lets see how sexy you look with my baby growing in you," he says smiling.

I stand up and angle the camera to show my side view and lift up my tank top over my belly.

"So beautiful. I can't believe we are going to be parents," he says.

"I know right. I mean I am a little scared, but I know we are going to be great ones," I say.

"The best. This kid is going to be so loved by so many people. I love you baby so much," he says smiling.

"Fuck McKenzie, I need to stop being paired with you. You two are giving me cavities with how sweet you are," his teammate Zack Johnson says.

"Hi Zack," I say smiling. Zack Johnson is the Bruins goalie and Drew's best friend on the team.

"Hey Em. Drew is right you do look hot as fuck pregnant. He is a lucky man," he says winking at me.

"Fuck off man that is my wife and mother of my child," Drew says playfully shoving Zack.

I blush a little and laugh into the phone.

"You two have a safe flight home and I will see you later. I have to get ready for work." I say.

"Love you Baby Anderson and you are all mine tonight," he says blowing me a kiss.

"Love you too McKenzie and I look forward to you showing me how much you missed me."