Ten

The next few days were a rollercoaster for Gulf. He careered violently between absent mindedly touching his fingers to his lips, snapping at anyone who came within talking distance of him, and lying on his dorm bed intermittently shouting swear words at the ugly, beige mottle of the ceiling.

On the 4th day, Gulf found himself inexplicably buying a pine scented candle as he shopped for groceries at the convenience store on his way home from class. Reaching his dorm room - thankful that it was empty - he lit the wick and sat in front of the flame, watching it flicker and dance as he inhaled deeply, eyes closed.

There were none of the pheromones that he craved in the scent of course, but just breathing that perfume, that obsession, made him tingle. Ahhh.

As if suddenly coming to his senses, Gulf smacked his palm to his forehead before burying his head in his hands. "Fuuuuck, stupid, stupid" he hissed out, then "ENOUGH". Licking his thumb and fingertip, he reached out to extinguish the flame - which returned his 'hiss'. Opening the windows wide, he dropped the candle into the small waste paper bin next to the desk.

It would be a nice memory, that's all. Well - maybe not a nice memory - more like a fucking hot one, and...something else that he couldn't quite bring himself to identify. Gulf had worked too hard to build up his walls and grasp hold of his own freedom to lose even a little bit of himself just because of some kinky one night stand. On reflection, he felt he shouldn't have given Mew his phone number - it was not something he would usually even think of doing.

'Blinded by a hot cock? Pleeease Kanawut, get a grip', he mocked internally.

And with that Gulf pocketed his wallet and keys from the bedside table and left the room, slamming the door on the faint trails of pine that lingered.