Chapter 20

"I know you're trying to keep your little secret about the whole Christina thing but if that's why she's here, it has to end now."

Lucas looked through the window and spotted the car. He didn't look as surprised as I was, neither did he look troubled by her presence. It was as if he was expecting it but I didn't rush to conclusions, it could have been something else. That made me have a little feeling the relationship he had with her was more than a boss-worker type.

Just saying.

"I'm sorry, I'll text her now"

"Text? You have her numb_ you know what, that doesn't even matter. I don't have a problem with it, go ahead and text her. Also add that if she doesn't stop following me around like a crazy stalker, I'll have the police speak to her"

"Noted" He pulled out his phone from his pocket and brought it to life. It took a few seconds of him tapping and I looking through the window patiently waiting for her car to zoom off before I saw her leave. However, he didn't stop tapping away and the notifications kept coming in. It was as if his phone would vibrate with every second and yes, you guessed it right, I was extremely curious.

What could they be talking about for so long? I mean, it's been about five minutes since then. Telling her to leave could not have taken so long and no, I wasn't jealous or anything. I just fought the urge to tilt my head and catch a glimpse of the conversation.

Again, not jealous.

Believe me guys, I tried my best. I tried my possible best, the fight to not look took about ten seconds and the struggle took a lot of effort but at the end, I failed and that wasn't my fault. Curiosity got the best of me, I turned to look and what I saw left me in complete surprise and confusion.

We're stuck in traffic.

That message came from the other person which was definitely Alex but, we're stuck in traffic? What does that even mean? She just left and there was clearly no traffic, it was just an empty street with an ice cream truck.

Or else traffic meant something else.

Maybe they had their specific way of talking to each other but that would only mean they had spent a lot of time together to even have a specific language only both would understand. I had to admit, I was a little freaked out about that. It only made me what to know the secret more and the curiosity I had before was small compared to the one I had after.

"The car has trouble reaching us, I think it's the weather"

"Oh, you were talking to the driver?"

"Yeah, of course. It's been a while since he said he'd arrive. I just had a feeling something was wrong"

The driver was stuck in traffic, now that makes sense. Relief came washing all over me, that was one less thing to think about. Thinking of it, how could I have been so stupid? Of course, he was talking to the driver, who else would he have been texting? Alex?

"That's a good thing" I said, letting out a sigh and resting back on my seat. "That's a very good thing"

"It isn't actually, it means we have more time to spend here"

"Oh, not that. I mean it's good you're texting the driver, isn't it?"

"Sure"

"Good"

"Great"

"Fantastic"

"Amazing"

"Splendid"

Then everything went silent, the only sound there was was the constant raindrops hitting the windows. The rain had gotten even heavier and the feeling to crawl beneath my grey sheets and sleep for hours was the only thing playing in my mind. I could remember how I spent the previous rainy days. It was always perfect on Saturdays cause I had nothing to think of or school to attend so I would sleep all day and only wake up if it was necessary or when my body had enough rest.