Chapter 3

"The car would be ready to pick you up in five minutes Christina" She gave me a small nod before taking her leave. The woman deserved a medal for her hard work, she'd been on her feet for hours now. Kaitlyn, who I didn't know was present till earlier that evening, was someone hired by my parents for occasions like this. I'd seen her a few times earlier in my life, she always came around to help my parents, mostly my mom, when she needed to be somewhere. From all I knew, she was the sweetest person on the planet.

All this years I used to see my mom do stuff like this, I never knew this is actually all she went through. There were a lot of processes that led to this. I got a lot of options for the dress but settled for anything they picked out for me. Honestly, I really didn't mind what kind it turned out to be. When I saw it later, it wasn't as good as I expected it to be but they went though a lot to find that one so I couldn't just tell them to pick another. I also had to pick out the type of shoes I wanted and just like before, I didn't want to go through the stress of picking it so I left them handle it.

The nail artist then arrived about an hour or two before I left. At first, I paid attention to the things she said and I really was getting along well till it got to a point where I no longer understood a thing. She was more than happy to help me pick the design I wanted but actually, I didn't want more than a layer of clear gloss. I completely zoned out and when she brought me back to reality, I replied with a single 'yes'

You shouldn't agree to things you have no idea about cause minutes after, I didn't like what I ended up with. I did like the fact it was short, like I said, but it had these designs and colors that were a little too bright for my liking. Jewels were attached and I had keep my hands steady so they didn't end up falling off.

The stylist arrived and this woman went straight to work. No greetings, there wasn't a single 'hi' I heard from her. She just placed a book on my thighs and told me to pick whichever one I wanted. I went through it and saw the length of my hair wasn't enough to do most of them and I didn't want any type of extensions so I just told her to do whatever was okay for my type of hair. She then said something in French in didn't understand and I just nodded in response.

This time, someone did a really good job. It wasn't a long process, probably thirty minutes but at the end, j had beautiful curls that didn't exceed my shoulders. The hair had this shine to it and the spilt ends I used to struggle with was gone. She might've been a lot stricter than the others but she sure deserved a thumbs up. I appreciated it and gave her the best compliments my mind could muster and finally, she smiled for the the first time. I guess Kaitlyn also heard it and maybe she got a raise, I don't know, but I was glad I could make her day.

My make up was done as well and was just as good as the hair. I explained to him I didn't want something too much and definitely didn't want the eyeshadow to be just as green as the dress. He didn't do too much but he covered the acne and some of the little blemishes I had on my skin. He did take a lot of time but it was worth it.

After everything, I was a different person sitting in front of the mirror and that was the first time I saw how much I looked like my mother. she had longer hair, of course, and she wasn't as small as I was but the similarity was there and just as evident.

It was then I felt my phone vibrate and saw i had a video can from mom. This is going to be very very long."Hey mom"

"Sweetie, you look so beautiful. Well, not as beautiful as I am but still good."

"I'm prettier than both of you combined" I heard Aunt Kayla's voice as she pushed her head through the other's arm "Wow, you look just like your mom"

"No, she doesn't."

"Thanks aunt Kayla"

"You know" Mom started "William Aubert is going to be there and his son will definitely accompany him. It's his grand opening after all"