Chapter 2: A KILLING GAME?!

A/N:
Writing font meaning

Italic = enthisis (idk if that's how you spell it sorry) on the word/s, flashback or what happened on the previous chapter

Bold = A/N (authors note) or something to remember/important

>~••••••~<

End of last chapter:

"The reason you are all here is to participate in the killing game!!!" Monokuma said cheerfully

>~••••••~<

"WHAT?!?!?!" We all yelled in union. Even though we knew something was off, I don't think any of us were expecting that "god! Are you all deaf?! I swear, at this rate you guys will be the death of me" the half-and-half bear said, punching his.....fists? Paws?? Nubs???? In the air in anger

"What is this for? You're own entertainment?" The stylish boy from earlier asked the raging bear, if you can even call that thing a bear "bingo bongo! You got it, Mr. Snooty"Monokuma said in a sing-songy (A/N: Is that a word? Now it is) voice, the boy scoffed in reply. Wait......if what that boy said was correct.... "W-wha?! What kinda sick demon are you???" A girl wearing white and gold said "clearly the best out of the best!" Monokuma said jumping up and down in excitement "I don't think she ment that as a complement" Mikki said "or are you that stupid" "oi! Oi! Watch it! I ain't deaf like you guys!" "I'M NOT DEAF!" Mikki defended/yelled "sorry to interrupt you're quarrel but I feel like you have more to say and was wondering what it was" the same girl who insulted Monokuma earlier asked bluntly yet calmly, I didn't even know someone could talk in a tone like that till now.

The half-and-half bear composed himself before talking again "right, let me re-introduce myself seeing as you dim-witts have probably forgotten my title already" he started "I am not only you're headmaster, I am the headmaster of Hopes Peak!" Hopes Peak......why do I feel like I've heard of that before..? "Am I the only one who feels like they should know about that place but doesn't for some reason..?" "No. I'm the same" I replied. Good to know I'm not the only one, but now that I think about it, I can't remember anything apart from my family and a few early memories.

Weird. I can't even remember what happened yesterday. Or what day it is! You would've thought I would remember something like that but no matter how hard I try I can't remember. Why?

"Hopes Peak is the school you all got excepted in!" What?! Surely I would remember something as important as that! "Here, let me help you out a bit" the monochrome bear said, taking out what looks like a flashlight. Then he turned it on.

"GAHHHH!" was the last thing I heard as the light blinded my vision.

>~•••flashback•••~<

"Oh honey!" Mother said "I am so happy for you! First your brother and now you got accepted into Hopes Peak!!" "Me and your Mother are very proud of you" my Father said to me and my brother, Rantaro, he also got accepted to Hopes Peak. But that was a year ago, he's a year older than me.

And if I'm being honest, I am stoked to go there. It's so hard to get in to that school and only has the best of the best students there "look after each other, okay?" My Father told us, more directed to Rantaro then me though "don't worry, I won't let anyone hurt my lil' sis" Rantaro said ruffling my light green hair, I just pouted playfully "no fair! I am fully capable of looking after myself!" I say with a loud huff.

Rantaro laughs "oh I have no doubt about that, I just want to let you know I'm here for you" "you two are acting as if one of you are going of to war" one our younger sisters, Himari, said walking into the kitchen where we were "not only that but you're both going to the same school!" She said, I just giggled "now, now Himari, it may not be Rantaro's first day of Hopes Peak, but it is Anaka's" my Father said "oh it's fine! I'm not offended by it" I reassured my Father "if you say so" he replied.

>~•••time skip•••~<

"We should probably head off now" Rantaro said, turning to me "okay!" I reply.

After we were ready to leave the house our eleven other sisters and our parents were waving us goodbye at the front door "have fun sweetheart" my Mother said to me "if you see any cute boys can you tell me all about what they look like, Anaka?" Said Sakura eagerly, she's obsessed with boys, why? That's a question I ask myself all the time. I'm more into girls myself than boys.

When we were finally out of sight they went back inside the house "Sakura is always so thirsty" Rantaro said with a chuckle, I giggled in response.

>~•••end of flashback•••~<

I suddenly remembered the morning of my first day at Hopes Peak. I didn't know Rantaro also goes to Hopes Peak.

"So I really am a student at Hopes Peak" said a girl with aqua green hair and black rimmed glasses, like Harry Potter just rather over sized "did you think I was lying?!" Monokuma said accusingly "I wouldn't be surprised" said a boy wearing what looks like a cheerleader uniform quietly. The duelled coloured bear ignored his comment and carried on talking "now that that's cleared up, I will now start the explanation of the rules of the killing game. You can kill however you want, it could be drowning, stabbing, electrocution, decapitation, torture, even good old fashioned suicide! The killing limit is two people and when a body has been discovered, there will be a certain amount of time called the investigation period where you try to find clues to help you find out who dun' it! When the investigation period is over, there will be a class trial held to find out who the killer is. When you think you've figured out who they is then there will be a voting time where everybody votes for who they think has done it! If you vote for the right person, only the blackened will get punished, buuuuut" he said in his sickly high voice "if you vote for the dreadfully wrong person, everyone but the blackened will be punished and they get to go free! Oh and also, once there are two people left those two people can go free"

"......."

We all stayed silent.

It was all to much to handle. How are we ment to come to terms with this?! This is clearly our new lifestyle but I'm not ready to accept that. I want to see my family again! Are they even okay?! I mean we could-

"Before you think or say it, you can't escape! You can leave this building, but this is the main building you are currently in! Byeeee~" and before our very eyes the bear disappeared into thin air

"So we're just ment to suck it up and be prisoners?!" Mikki exclaimed, breaking the silence "so? It's not like any of us are going to actually kill each other......right?" The girl wearing white and gold said "of course not! It would be preposterous if someone did" said a young woman wearing a maid outfit showing a lot of her cleavage, w-wait! What am I s-saying?! G-get those thoughts out of your head Anaka!! "Yes, you are right but doesn't stop them" said the stylish boy from earlier "does that mean you're considering it?" The buff tall girl asked "of course not! I won't give in that quickly if I ever do kill anyone" he replied shortly "if you say so" the silvernette (A/N: idk if that's a word but now it is) mumbled. Then everybody went on there on way, probably to explore the place. Not a bad plan, I'll do that myself.

>~••••••~<

Hey! This is finally finished oml! This took waaaay longer than I thought🙄😔.

Hope you liked it any whooo.

Love ya'll!

– Kess

Published: 14/4/2021

Word count: 1374