'if you say so'

It was a cool and cloudy Sunday afternoon

It was a cool and cloudy Sunday afternoon. You and Steve were hanging out, driving around the town. The top of the car was down, your hair was flowing with the wind and you sang along to Jimi Hendrix playing on the radio as Steve occasionally looked over at you with a proud smirk on his face.
"Well I'm standing here freezing, inside your golden garden, got my ladder leaned up against your wall, tonight's the night we planned to run away together," you sang the beginning of the song.
"You're crazy!" Steve yelled over the loud wind and music.
"You wanna see crazy?" He gave a confused look. You took your seatbelt off and hung your head out the window, almost standing in the car. The wind raked through your hair as you put your arms up.
"You're crazy," he repeated at a normal level. He grabbed your leg, you yelped and giggled, and he pulled you back in.
You leaned into Steve, giving him a kiss on the cheek. He turned his head and kissed you on the lips. "Eyes on the road, lover boy," you pushed him away.

      Minutes passed and the singing dialed down a bit. Steve was getting off the highway now, ready to take you home. "But I don't wanna go," you whined.
      "If you say so," a dangerous grin was shown. He began going almost eighty down a city road, recklessly weaving through cars. You watched as he came close to hitting the curb, another car, and a pedestrian in a crosswalk.
      "Stevie," you sat back in the seat, pushed by the acceleration of the car. He drove faster, almost hitting another car. "Steve," you grabbed his arm and he just glanced at you. "Slow down Stevie, you're scaring me!"
      "We're just having fun, Y/n."
Your eyes grew wide as he ran a read light. A loud honk blared and you turned to see a car coming at you. The car hit the tail end of Steve's, causing it to spin so it was facing the opposite direction as before.
The guy from the other car got out, cursing as he walked to the middle of the intersection where you and Steve were.
"I didn't mean to," Steve looked over to you, ignoring the crowd that was forming, "are you okay? I'm sorry."
"I'm... fine." You got to your feet, still shaken by the incident.
"What do you kids think your doing? Asshole! You ruined my car! You're gonna pay for this," the man scolded Steve.
"Y/n, babe, get back in the car," Steve ignored the man, "C'mon, I said I'm sorry." You hesitated, but slowly went back crossing your arms. Without looking back, he drove off.
      He dropped you off at your house, not saying a word. You grabbed your things and got out.
      "I'm sorry," you said, unsure of what else to say. Steve didn't say anything but just stared straight ahead of him gripping the wheel tightly. "It was my fault."
He got out of the car and placed his hand on the middle of your back, guiding you to your front door. "It was my fault," he said, grabbing your waist, "I shouldn't have. Forgive me?"
You placed your hands on the sides of his face and kissed him. "I forgive you. I'll see you later."

word count: 559