'c'mere love'

It was a normal Wednesday evening; you were hanging out at Buck's bar, playing cards with him while waiting for Dallas to show up

It was a normal Wednesday evening; you were hanging out at Buck's bar, playing cards with him while waiting for Dallas to show up. The bar was empty for the most part, since it was a weekday.

      "Damn," you threw your cards down on the bar as the round ended, "how are you so good at this?"
      "Years of experience, kid," Buck said, turning to serve a middle-aged man who had sat down a few seats away from you.

      You felt a cool breeze as the front door was opened and slammed shut. "Hey Dally," Buck said out of habit. You turned around to see Dallas walking right past the bar without saying a word and quickly stomping up the stairs.
      "Dally," you called out to your boyfriend. He slammed the bedroom door as you began skipping up the steps. You knocked on the door. "Dallas," you called again, quieter this time. You slowly opened the door to find Dally sitting on his bed, shirtless, putting his switchblade on the nightstand.

      "Hey," you silently closed the door.
      "Huh?" he looked up at you, dazed and confused. Red and purple and blue plastered his face—he had a black eye and his lip was cut and his temple looked irritated. His rib was bruised from the center of his torso to his side.
      "Shepard again?" you questioned. Dallas shook his head, rubbing his temple with his eyes shut tight.
"Nah, it was one of them Brumly boys."
You grabbed a rag and rubbing alcohol from the bathroom and sat next to him on the bed. "Here," you lifted his chin and dabbed the cut on his lip. Dally looked at your eyes the entire time, not flinching nor saying a word. "I'll be right back," you planted a kiss on his cheek and went back to the bathroom to put the rag and rubbing alcohol away.

      Quickly, you went downstairs to get ice, as you knew Dally must have had a massive headache. You got the ice and ran back up the steps to Dally's room. When you opened the door, you found that he was asleep on the bed, still in his jeans with his boots on.
You shut the door without making any noise again and placed the bag of ice on Dally's head. He mumbled something unintelligible, touched the bag of ice, and fell back asleep. You untied his boots and slipped them off his feet, placing them at the end of the bed.

      Just as you were about to leave the room to let him sleep, Dallas mumbled. "Y/n," his hand laid on his stomach, "c'mere love." You sat next to him, halfway on the bed.
      "Hm," you traced his jawline down to his bare chest. He placed a hand on your cheek, bringing you in closer to him, and kissed you very gently.
      "Mmm, I missed you." he looked at your eyes again.
      "I missed you too, Dal," you kissed his cheek once more.

The two of you fell asleep together, sleeping past noon the next day.

word count: 516