Chapter Thirty-Three

Aiden-

When I woke up from my impromptu nap, something warm was wrapped around my neck.  I rubbed my eyes and when I opened them, Simon's sleeping figure was right in front of me, his face inches from mine.  His arm was wrapped around my neck, and the hot air made it feel sticky.  I took a moment to just feel...to feel us laying next to each other....wrapped up in each other.

It was comfortable. It was warm.

I knew it couldn't last, though. I nudged Simon with my elbow right in his chest. He grumbled and rubbed his bare chest. We must have been only sleeping for a few minutes because Sam was still organizing the money by bill to take to the bank.

"Hey," Simon croaked out, his voice strangely raspy.

"Uh, hey," I said.

I looked into his honest, blue eyes and wondered what he was thinking.

I was worried that he would be weirded out by our closeness. He did notice his arm wrapped around me and let go slowly and rolled over on his back.

"Sorry bout that," He said, flustered.

"Don't worry about it," I breathed.

"You wanna go chill at my house and watch Star Wars Episode III?" He asked almost sheepishly.

I nodded quickly and we got up to leave. We said goodbye to Sam and she looked at me softly, as if I was truly forgiven for my assholiness.

I got into Simon's car and we headed to his place.  Mama and Papa Fault weren't home so we had to use the key to get in. It seemed like any other lazy, warm Saturday for the past three years, and I couldn't believe I had not hung out with Simon for a whole month. It was surreal.

Simon grabbed a brewski from his fridge and tossed it to me. "You're into the illegal stuff now, right?" He questioned.

I sighed and rubbed my forehead. "Look, about that..."

He shrugged and shoved past me with a genuine smile. "It's alright, Aiden. Really. I was just giving you shit." He said.

I mentally breathed a sigh of relief.

"So what's been going on with you? I know I haven't exactly been around to support you anymore with the whole Sarah thing," I said, feeling guilty and like the worst best friend in the world.

"Actually, I've been doing okay on that front. It's not so painful anymore," He said.

"Really? What's changed?" I asked.

He shrugged, but something about his air made me think there was more to it.  But I let it go.

"I'm gonna take a shower before we watch the movie. I feel gross from all those ladies objectifying my body...." He kidded and opened the bathroom door connected to his living room. He started the shower and I heard his belt buckle hit the floor in there.

"Shit. Hey Aiden, could you come here?" He called.

I headed towards the bathroom. In it, Simon was standing in just his green boxers. My heart thudded in my chest. His eyes met mine.

"Check this out," He said pointing to his back.

He turned and I looked at it, shocked. It was almost completely red and irritated looking.

"Shit. What the??" I started.

"Guess it wasn't smart to nap in the grass when I'm allergic to it and shirtless," He laughed.

I touched the irritated bumps on his back, grazing them gently with my fingers.

"Yeah..." I trailed off.

"Remember when we found out I was allergic to it? When you dared me to eat it freshman year?" He said.

"Hell yeah, I remember that. Your tongue was swollen. Huge. You couldn't talk right for two days." I said, laughing.

"Yeah, you idiot. Last time I ever do anything you tell me to," He said.

He turned and his back was taken from my touch, but his chest was close to mine. I looked sideways at us in the bathroom mirror. The mirror was starting to fog up a little from the hot water running in the shower. We were standing so close, and we were almost exactly the same height. I used to be so much taller than Simon. When had he caught up with me?

"Dude, you smell rank," He said.

That made me laugh for some reason.

"I do, huh? Then you don't mind if I steal your shower then...apparently I need one," I said, stepping towards the shower.

"You little shit! No way in hell!" Simon exclaimed, grabbing my shoulders to yank me back.

I pulled forward, a little too hard and lost my balance. I tumbled forward into the shower curtain, dragging Simon along with me.

I ended up in the floor of the shower with Simon halfway laying on top of me. The hot water was pitter-pattering on my face and part of my chest that Simon wasn't occupying.

"Shit." Simon stated, surprised and shocked.

"Are you okay?" I asked.

"Yeah. But are you? I probably just killed you!" He said, looking genuinely concerned for a moment.

"I'm perfect." I stated.

Simon Fault, my best friend (my straight best friend, I had to remind myself) was laying on my naked, wet chest in only his boxers, and I was wearing my jeans and nothing else. I could honestly say I had never thought I would be in this position.

Our eyes met, and Simon started cracking up. I couldn't help it, I did too. He slid his body backwards, trying to get off of me. The feel of his wet, almost naked body sliding across mine was my sudden, almost undoing. It stirred such unrest in me....and before I could stop it, I started to get hard.

"Fuck," I gasped.

"What?!" Simon exclaimed, getting up all the way.

"N-nothing. You just..crushed me is all. You fat ass." I said.

Simon laughed. "Sorry. "

He lent out a hand for me to take, and he helped me up.

"Now get the hell out so I can shower," He said lightly.

I just nodded and shuffled out, closing the door behind myself. As soon as I heard it click shut, I let out a sigh and my legs gave way. I slid down the door with my bare, wet back and ended up sitting on the floor. I breathed out heavily.

"Fuck."