Chapter Ten

Chapter Ten

Aiden-

Ashley slid into the passenger seat of my little car gracefully. I put on my seat belt. Her skirt rode up a little on her legs. She didn't make a move to pull it down, though.

She looked over and flashed me a confident smile. Then she tossed her long blonde hair casually over one shoulder. I started up the car and pulled out.

"So...what part do you want?" Ashley asked, I guess trying to make conversation.

"Uh, I'm not really sure," I said.

Honestly, I didn't want any part at all. But I didn't want to like offend the drama gods or whatever that she worshipped.

"Oh, well I kind of want the part of Elphaba," She said.

"Makes sense, it's the lead," I said.

Though, Ashley is much better fit for the role of Glinda, I couldn't help but think. The good witch was supposed to be blonde and bubbly and kind of ditzy and superficial. Actually, Ashley and Glinda could be the same person. Honestly.

"But I figured you would want the part of Glinda," I added.

She didn't say anything for awhile, and so I let it drop. But really, it was surprising. Usually Ashley likes to run her mouth.

We pulled up in front of her nice, white house and she just sat there.

"Thanks a ton for the ride, Aiden," She said, playing with a wavy strand of hair.

"No problem," I said nonchalantly.

"I hope you get the part you want," I said sincerely.

I mean, it was obvious she really cared about the part she would get.

"Thanks!" She said, finally getting out of the car.

She leaned back into the car to grab her purse, and tilted her head to look at me for a second.

"I really hope you get the part of Fiyero," She said.

And then she was gone.

Why, I wondered, would Ashley say that? She had seen me today. I suck at acting. I would ruin her whole precious musical. She must have just wanted to say something nice, since I had gone out of my way to drive her home and stuff.

Whatever.

I continued home, my mind still on Ashley....and Caleb. I was burning with curiosity to know what they had been doing before auditions.

I would, eventually, find out, I promised myself.