Chapter Thirty-One

Chapter Thirty-One

Aiden-

I was beyond confused about the kiss between Caleb and I. I had felt something. I knew that for sure. But, what exactly? Passion? Definitely wasn't disgust. That was the second kissing session we had shared, and I had never felt more.....excited? The feeling of his lips on mine...it enthralled me.

I was starting to have a serious problem on my hands. I might be totally in like with Caleb, but I couldn't stand him at the same time. He was always getting into trouble, getting me into messes. There seemed to be no end to his shennanigans. I'm not even sure if shennanigans is the right word for what he does. What he does is chaos, is corruption, is....hot. Wow. Maybe I should get my hormones in check.

I was mad at him for setting off the sprinklers on purpose. Very angry. When we all went back inside to check out the damage, with the exclusion of Caleb of course, we discovered most of the hand-painted scenery was in shambles from the water exposure. That, and well, the whole auditorium was a wreck of wet mess. And it was all Caleb's fault.

It was one huge fucking mess. Everyone had worked so hard for this, and it was less than three weeks from opening night.

Caleb needed a reality check.

And Ashley needed a tissue.

"W-what are w-we going to to do!" She sniffled into Simon's shoulder.

He wrapped a caring arm around her and said, "Sh, it will be alright. Don't worry. Everything's going to be okay."

But was it?

Sure, maybe we could get everything back together in time for the show...but it was still a huge set back.

And where would we get the funding for the new sets and supplies???

Ms. Tavern was not going down without a fight though. I had never seen the gypsy-seeming teacher look so vindictive. Her mouth turned into a tight-lipped, determined expression. Enough to place timid fear in even Tollins and Rutherford. They shied away from her.

"Now, listen up, all of you. Stop your sniffling and your complaining. The show must go on!" Ms. Tavern said from the stage.

"But how? What can we do to fix this? And where will we get the money?" Ashley asked, speaking my thoughts exactly.

"Yeah, we can't just shit it out," Nikki said, getting crude looks from Holly.

"You're disgusting," Holly said.

Nikki turned toward her. "Shut up, bitch. I will cut you!" Nikki said, her anger getting the best of her.

"Ladies! Ladies! Enough!" Ms. Tavern said.

"Hey, back off goth girl," Rutherford said.

"Yeah, what's got your thong in a twist?" Tollins said.

Sarah glared at Corbin. "Why are you talking about her underwear?"

"Don't even think about my underwear, perv," Nikki said to Tollins.

"Who would want to think about your underwear, anyway. Sick," Rutherford said.

"Hey, back the fuck off," Simon said forcefully.

"Why don't you leave Nikki alone!" Ashley yelled, surprising everyone.

"EVERYBODY SHUT THE HELL UP!!!"

Everyone went deathly quiet and looked up to the stage, expecting to see a pissed off looking Ms. Tavern. But it wasn't her who had spoken. It was Samantha.

"We have worked too damn hard on this show, all of us, to give up now. I know I have. And I'm not going to let this ruin it, and neither are you. We are going to earn the money to fix the sets and the auditorium. We are going to put on a damn good show, and you are all going to stop fighting. NOW. There should not be any tensions between us. We are all working together, for a common goal. No grudges, just teamwork. GOT IT?" She said, looking first at Nikki and Holly, then at Rutherford and Tollins, then slowly at me.

"Let's do it," I said, gaining a look of acceptance from Samantha that I never thought I'd see again.

Simon and Ashley said, "We're in." Nikki and Holly begrudgingly agreed. Tollins and Rutherford nodded, trying to be bad ass and nonchalant.

Her eyes sparkled with forgiveness towards me and she cleared her throat.

"Alright, let's get to work. First, we need a plan."