Chapter Four

Chapter Four

Aiden-

Well, the year certainly was off to quite the interesting start. Not only had Lance caught me in his parking spot, but now he associated me with Caleb, whom he wanted to beat the shit out of. So that most likely means I'm on his hit-list also. Which sucks.

I was walking towards my first hour class when I heard yelling from the main office. Caleb? I snuck towards the door of Principal Hartman's office whilst I pretended to be looking through a stack of college brochures.

"This kid's a menace!" Coach Danvers was yelling.

"Now, Jim," Principal Hartman said in his You-need-to-calm-down voice.

"Don't you 'now, Jim' me. He was threatening one of my players, and you know the big opening game against Rossford is coming up. I need Rutherford in mint condition. He doesn't need the stress," Coach Danvers said.

I heard Caleb snort. He was sitting back in a comfy chair, looking as if he had not a care in the world. What was with this guy?

"Now, Caleb, it's your first day. Don't you want to make a good impression?" Principal Hartman asked.

Just then the late bell rang. Hartman looked forlorn but waved Caleb off. Caleb got up and slung his beaten-up black bag over his shoulder as he made his way towards the door. Once he reached the doorway, he stopped and halfway turned back.

"Make no mistake, I'm here to make an impression, just not of the good variety," He said, walking out.

He turned and bumped straight into me. He didn't even looked startled like I was.

"Hey pretty boy, here to escort me to my class?" He said keeping on walking in that cocky, yet lazy strut of his.

"Uh..." I said, not sure how to react to this guy.

"You're right. Let's not go to class." He said.

"What?" I asked incredulously.

He grabbed my arm and led me straight out of the school. We walked across campus until we made it to the heavily wooded area with trees and moss galore. He stopped and slumped with his back against a tree. Then he started digging around in his backpack.

"I've never skipped class before," I stated. Why did I just tell him that?

"Yeah? Well, congratulations. Now you have," He said with a smirk.

"What are you looking for?" I questioned, merely curious at what else this guy had up his sleeve.

"This. My little friend," He said, referring to the little baggie he now had in his hands.

"What's that?" I asked.

He rolled his eyes at me. "Take a wild guess."

"Is that pot?" I asked.

"Sure is, babe," He said.

Talk about a bad boy....Sheesh.

He lit one up, then he took a puff. The scent wafted towards me. Then he passed it to me.

"What if we get caught?" I said.

"You need to learn to live a little dangerously, pretty boy," He said, pushing his long, dark hair out of his eyes.

I took it, and then I gave it a try. I coughed and nearly gagged.

"Welcome to the dark side, gorgeous."