Chapter Twelve (Dedicated to FluffyBunny)

Dedicated to: FluffyBunny, a great fan! Thanks for all your support!

______________________________________________________________

Chapter Twelve

Aiden-

Inside the shop was dusty and well, musty. But there was just something about the old dump called Rodney's Rip Records that made it seem like...not such a dump.

Old guitars lined the walls. An electric blue Lancaster hung right above the register. No one was in sight as we wandered around the little shop. Caleb grabbed a Guns 'n Roses record and examined it.

"I like them," I said.

"I do too," He said curtly.

"So who's your favorite artist?" I asked.

"Me? Oh, I don't know. Probably The Cars or Aerosmith." He said.

"Yeah?" I said.

He nodded. "You ever heard Wang Chung?"

"What? Who's that?" I asked, totally clueless.

He just shook his head and smirked. "Oh, pretty boy," He muttered.

He put the record on the player that sat by the cracked window.

"This is "Dance Hall Days", by yeah well Wang Chung," He said.

Music filtered out. It was almost hard to exactly hear what the guy was singing and yet, it was cool.

Caleb smirked at me. I just looked at him. I was trying to figure him out. He was so bad and mysterious and damn frustrating...and now, at this moment, he seemed so....

Dare I say it?

Human.

Crazy, isn't it?

His smirk dropped from his face as he noticed me studying him intently. His own face turned serious as he stepped closer. Grabbing my arms, he started swaying to the music, with me in tow. I felt, well, awkward at first. I mean, I had never attempted to dance with a guy before, after all. But somehow, I got the feeling that this was okay, and that if I weirded out, that Caleb would shut down again. I didn't want that to happen.

And so I stepped in closer to him. I put one hand on his muscular bicep that I could feel through his jacket and the other in his own hand.

We swayed back and forth. Okay, so I'm definitely gay; it's decided. Right? I mean, I'm dancing with a guy, for crying out loud.

When my thoughts jumped to Simon, though, I felt guilty. I mean, I had feelings for two different guys maybe? What a little whore I am.

Caleb took his hand and placed my head on his collar bone. I relaxed. Who cared about the future, when I could live in the moment. Right?

At least, that should totally be my philosophy.

The song switched. We stayed in our position. Then we heard a voice.

"Are you planning on buying anything?"

We looked over to see a guy with a scraggly, graying beard and half-moon spectacles. I couldn't help but think that he and Ms. Tavern would make a good match.

I jumped away from Caleb rather quickly. Caleb pulled out his wallet and came up to the guy. They started whispering about something. Then Caleb smiled and handed him a wad of cash. Caleb waved me over.

"Alright, let's head back," The guy said.

"Back where?" I mouthed to Caleb.

We went in back, past the counter, and through a curtain of blue beads. We traveled down a dimly lit hallway and passed by several doors. The guy finally picked one; the last one on the right. We stepped inside to find an old green couch and a little coffee table.

The guy scrambled around through the drawers underneath the table and pulled out a little baggie. I recognized it as pot.

The guy left and said, "Don't take too long."

Caleb lit up, and I said bitterly, "Is this the personal side you brought me here to see?"

I mean, this kind of ruined all the stuff that had just happened.

"Chill, pretty boy. I'm going to get you loosened up, remember?" He said, taking a drag and passing it to me.

"Fine," I grumbled.

I sat there, dazed on the couch. Then I giggled.

"God, you certainly know how to get in a guy's head," I muttered.

Caleb didn't even bother to look over at me. "I like being in your head."

That made me laugh again for some reason.

"What were you doing with Ashley?" I whispered, leaning towards him.

He put his hand on my head and tossed my hair around messily.

"Don't you worry about that," He said.

But how could I not worry about it?

Especially when my mind was always on it, always on him.....