Chapter 15: Every Kind of Way

OMG ITS BEEN SO LONG!!!! THATS ALL IM GOING TO SAY LOL!!!

A few days had passed since Hakeem walked out on Tiana. He was still upset that she didn't tell him the honest truth about why she didn't get married to her ex. But would you tell the guy who basically walked out on you five years ago? Especially when you picked up his broken pieces when he got left at the alter. And the icing on the cake is he left your pregnant and alone. So would you tell him?

Ava: (sitting in between legs) Mommy why hasn't daddy came by?

Tiana was in the middle of combing Ava's hair. She let out a small sigh. Low key, Tiana thought Ava wouldn't pay attention to the fact that Hakeem hasn't been around for a few days.

Tiana: Ummm he's just been a little busy lately. (Finish Ava's hair)

Ava: Are y'all fighting?

Tiana: You know you ask too many questions. (Chuckles) No we're not fighting. Just he's been really busy. Look I'll make sure to tell him that you miss him when I see him today.

Ava: Promise.

Tiana: (holds up right hand) I promise. Now go upstairs and grab your bag so we can go.

Ava goes upstairs to get her bag. Tiana texted Hakeem for the hundredth time telling him that they needed to talk. He would just leave her on read. Tiana let out a frustrated sigh.

Empire.................

Hakeem: Aye, run that back for me. (Listening to track) Yeah I like that. Can you bring me up some over the music?

Engineer: Gotcha.

Hakeem: Thanks. (Looks up to see Jamal) What's up bro.

Jamal: Hey. Working on a new song?

Hakeem: Yeah. I just finished it today. Been working on it for the past few days.

Jamal: (chuckles) Still not talking to Tiana? Keem man just talk to her. You're making an issue out of nothing.

Hakeem: How? She lied to me Mal.

Jamal: I understand, but maybe she had a reason.

Hakeem: What reason would that be?

Jamal: You did up and leave for five years.

Hakeem: Yeah yeah. But we're past all of that.

Jamal: Then you should get pasted this.

Hakeem: Bro (gcto)

Jamal: Look Hakeem. You finally got Tiana back. You got a beautiful little girl with her and y'all are working stuff out. Are you willing to let one lie come between y'all? (Hakeem looks at him) There's a possible reason Tiana probably didn't tell you the truth. And I wouldn't blame her because if she couldn't trust you five years ago, what makes you think she can trust you now.

Studio...............

Tiana: Let's take a ten minute break. (Engineer thumbs up) (walks out of booth)

Becky: This new album is going to be hot.

Tiana: Yep.

Porsha: What's up with you? These last few days you've been in a dry mood.

Tiana: Nothing.

Becky: Okay. What are you and Hakeem wearing to his music video premiere party this weekend.