Chapter 4: Ava Knows

A month has passed and everything is becoming full circle. Hakeem and Ava are bonding so good that they have became inseparable. He's either taking Ava out on Hakeem and Ava dates as she call them or over Tiana's. Him and Tiana managed to reconnect a little. It use to be a family of two now it's a family of three. Tiana loved seeing her daughter happy. If having Hakeem apart of Ava's life made her happy, then she was happy.

Jamal: What's up with you? Lately you've all happy.

Hakeem: You know I told you Tiana let meet Ava last month? (Mal nods his head) Well spending all this time with them just makes me feel some type of way. I think I'm ready to tell Ava I'm her dad.

Jamal: Woah...woah. Slow down Keem. Have you talked to Tiana about this?

Hakeem: No. but she can't stop me (gco)

Jamal: Yes she can stop you. What if she doesn't want Ava to know just yet? You have to think about Tiana and Ava's feelings.

Hakeem: Mal, man, I just feel like I need to let my daughter know. I don't want another year to go by and she doesn't know.

Jamal: I understand what you're saying, but it's not just you and Ava involved. Tiana is included in this too. Just because she has allowed you to spend a lot of time with Ava doesn't mean she wants to take that next step.

Hakeem: But I'm ready to take this step.

Jamal: Why don't you talk to Tiana and see how she feels about it.

Hakeem rolls his eyes.

Hakeem: I have a say so about my daughter Mal.

Jamal: Bro I understand where you are coming from. Trust me I do, but you have to think about Tiana as well. You have to think about how Ava will react. You can't just spring this on baby girl like that.

Tiana's House........

Tiana: (In her room) Ava, baby! Come on so mommy can do your hair!

Ava: (rubs in the room) Morning mommy.

Tiana: Morning Princess. Let's get ready.

Tiana was doing Ava's hair while Ava discusses all the fun stuff she wanted to do with Hakeem.

Ava: Then he can take me to Disney World. Afterwards we could go to sea world and (gco)

Tiana: (giggles) Okay baby, we'll talk to Hakeem about all your big plans later.

Ava: Mommy you know Keemie is a lot of fun?

Tiana: Yes I know. You like him a lot don't cha? (Smiles)

Ava: Yes. He loves to play with me and spends a lot of time with me. He should be your boyfriend. Sometimes I wish Keemie was my daddy. (Tiana pauses)

Tiana sat there in deep thought. She didn't think they would reach this point for a while. Tiana didn't even think she was ready herself for this moment.

Tiana: Okay all done. Now go ready for the day.

Ava left out the room. Tiana picked up her phone and shot Hakeem a text saying that it was important.

Empire........

Hakeem: What's up T. (Cutting the track off)

Tiana: We need to talk. (Sighs and sits down)

Hakeem: Okay. What's up?

Tiana: It's Ava. She really loves you (gco)

Hakeem: I really love her too. (Tiana smiles) T look I know you're probably not ready, but I am. I want to tell Ava that I'm her dad. I don't want another year to go by without her knowing.

Tiana: Hakeem I understand, and (gco)

Hakeem: Tiana I know you want to protect her, but its like you're trying to protect her from me. I'm not going to hurt her the same way that I did you, okay.

Tiana: Okay we'll tell her tonight. (Hakeem can't believe it was that easy)

Hakeem: Are you being serious?

Tiana: Hakeem, I just want Ava happy. She wish that she had a daddy like you. Ava deserves the truth and that's what we're going to give our daughter. See you tonight. (Leaves)

Andre: (walks in) I just saw Tiana leave. Everything okay? (Takes Hakeem our of his thought)

Hakeem: Yeah. What's up Dre.

Andre: Well I ran the numbers for this music video that you want to do for Special. It's good to go.

Hakeem: Thanks bro. (Dre starts to leave) Dre (turns around) I have a different idea for the video. Something more special.

Tiana's House Night Time.......

Tiana was sitting in the kitchen drinking a glass of wine. She was so nervous at how Ava would react. Of course she's four, but that doesn't mean that everything will settle fine with her. There was a knock at the door.

Tiana: (opens the door) Hey. Come in. (Closes the door)

Hakeem: Where's Ava?

Tiana: Upstairs. Are you ready to do this?

Hakeem: Yeah. Ava! (Yells upstairs)

They hear footsteps running down the stairs.

Ava: Keemie! (Jumping into his arms and kisses his cheek) I missed you.

Hakeem: (chuckles) You just saw me yesterday.

Ava: Yeah, but that's a whole twenty four hours. (Tiana giggles)

Hakeem: (smiles) Look me and mommy need to have an important talk with you.

They walked into the living room, with Hakeem carrying Ava and Tiana following behind. Hakeem and Ava sat on the opposite couch and Tiana on the other.

Hakeem: How would you feel about having a dad?

Ava: I have one silly, but I don't get to see him. Mommy said he's in a different state. I wish you were my daddy Keemie. You like to do a lot of things with me that I wish my daddy would do. (Tiana and Hakeem shares a look)

Tiana: Sweetie, mommy and Keem have to tell you something. You see (pause) And(pause)

Hakeem: What mommy is trying to say is that, a long time ago daddy left without telling anyone. He was away when you were born. (Ava nods) He never knew that he left behind a beautiful baby girl. (Smiles at Ava)

Ava: You've met my dad? (Hakeem nods)

Tiana: Ava, Princess, Keemie is your dad.

There was long pause in the room. They don't know if she was processing it well or what. But either way this was really life changing for Ava.

Ava: (excitement) Really?!

Hakeem: Yes. (Smiles)

Ava: Okay. Well daddy, the first places I want to go are.........

Tiana was so relieved that Ava took it well. She was just happy to see Ava happy and with her dad.

Okay guys this chapter was hard to write because how do you come out telling a 4 year old you're their dad? Not the best chapter, but I think since I got the Hakeem and Ava storyline resolves I can focus on Takeem now. So sorry if this wasn't the best chapter because it was challenging. ❤️

Until Next Time.......