Chapter 9: River

Blood smeared all over Tiana's dress and body. She sat in a cold hospital waiting room. Her body numb and not knowing how to feel. Everything was fading and there was no way possible to save the fading picture. The Lyon family came running into the waiting room, but she didn't hear them at all.

Cookie: Tiana.....Tiana...(looks at Cookie) what happened?

Tiana: (numb and rocking) There was blood....blood all over the floor.

Luscious: Who's blood? What happened?

Cookie: Where's Hakeem? (Tears fall from Tiana's face) Oh My God.....Is That Hakeem's Blood All Over You?!

Jamal: Ma sit down. (Helps Cookie sit down) Calm down. T what happened?

Luscious: Let's give her a minute. The girl is clearly in shock here. Tiana take your time, but you need to tell us what happened.

Tiana: (deep breath) I had just left....he asked me to stay but I said no......I decided to go back....I called out for him......he didn't answer.....I went into the room ......and he was laying there in a pool of blood.

Cookie bursted into tears while the Lyon men had put their head down. Tiana was still in shock and just felt numbness.

Andre: Was there a sign of force entry or anything?

Tiana: No.....when I got into his room....it...it was a mess.....like someone had been fighting.

Jamal: Have the doctor came and talked to you?

Tiana: No. I've been sitting here for thirty minutes and no one has said anything. I have his blood....his blood....Hakeem's blood all over me. (Starts hyperventilating)

Cookie: Tiana baby.....Mal hand me the magazine....(starts fanning her) Breathe sweetie. I need you to relax and take a deep breathe. We're going to get you cleaned up. (Stands up with Tiana) One y'all go to Tiana's place and get her some clothes. Come on baby. (Walking to the bathroom with Tiana)

Luscious: Damnit. (Hitting the wall) Where's that damn doctor?

Andre: Pops just calm down. I'll go see if we can speak to a doctor. (Walks away)

Luscious sits down in the chair. Jamal had left to get Tiana a change of clothes. An hour went by and they still had no type of updates on Hakeem.

Cookie: Why hasn't anybody came to talk to us?! What kind of damn hospital is this?!

Jamal: Just relax mom.

Doctor: (walks in) Hakeem Lyon's family. (They all stand)

Luscious: That's us. How's my son?

Doctor: He's out of surgery and doing fine. We were able to remove all four bullets. I'm kinda afraid that one punctured his spinal cord. Right now there is no sign of him being paralyzed. Mr. Lyon did lose a lot of blood and  was on the verge of death. Luckily we were able to stabilize him before surgery. He's on some oxygen to help with his breathing due to his O2 levels dropping.

Cookie: Is he awake?

Doctor: He's still sleeping, but you can see him when you are ready.

Luscious: Thanks doc. (Shakes hand)

Doctor: I'm on call all night. Feel free to contact me if you have anymore questions. Goodnight. (Walks off)

Luscious: Cook you, Mal and Tiana go back there and see. Me and Dre are about to go make a visit.

Cookie: Can't that wait Luscious?