Chapter 6: Cards On The Table

Tiana and Hakeem sat in awkward silence for a good minute. Where do you start when there is so much to talk about?

Hakeem: (clears throat) Look Tiana, I just want to clear the air. I know nothing can fix the past, but babe I'm trying. (Tiana looks at him)

Tiana: You know you broke me. I thought after that morning we were actually getting somewhere. I personally thought we would eventually get back to Takeem, but instead you leave. You left me here pregnant and alone.

Hakeem: Tiana I didn't know.

Tiana: It doesn't matter Hakeem. I called, texted and everything so you could know.

Hakeem: You know I would have came back. (Tiana rolls eyes) What you don't believe me?

Tiana: Honestly no. And that's because of what you have shown me.

Hakeem: (smacks lips) Whatever Tiana. You're going to forever hang this bullshit over my head.

Flashback.........

Cookie: (opens the door) Hey Tiana. (Hugs her) Thanks for meeting me here at my place. I can't stand be around Luscious ass for one minute.

Tiana: I see you redecorated.

Cookie: Yess. The queen needed something different in her life. Come sit down. (They sit down)

Cookie was noticing some changes in Tiana. She even noticed a glow in her.

Tiana: So what did we need to talk about?

Cookie: Girl talk. You know catch up and seen how you have been doing since Hakeem left.

Tiana: Your son is selfish. He up and left without saying anything to anybody. I was trying to get in contact with him so we could talk. Have you heard from him?

Cookie: Child please. I haven't heard from that son of mine since Laura left his ass at the alter. But I'm sure he'll be back soon.

Tiana: Yeah I hope so. (Cookie looks at her)

Cookie: I thought you didn't care what Hakeem did? (Sips tea)

Tiana: I don't.....I don't know. (knots in her stomach)

Cookie: How far along are you? (Tiana looks) I already know that you're pregnant. Your face shows it and you're glowing. Plus I noticed some pounds that you picked up.

Tiana: (sighs) I didn't want anyone to know before Hakeem, but I'm almost three months. I've been trying to tell him, but I never get him.

Cookie: Maybe he'll be back soon. I'm pretty sure he went somewhere to clear his head.

Tiana: What if he doesn't come back? Im already scared, feel alone and I don't know what to do.

Cookie: Hey you're not alone. This baby is a Lyon and we're going to everything that we can possibly do to help you. (Tiana nods)

FlashBack Ends.......

Hakeem: Tiana (gco)

Tiana: No one is trying to hold anything over your head. But that's your own personal guilt. Hakeem did you ever really love me?

Hakeem: Babe I loved you then and still do.

Tiana: Doesn't seem like it.

Hakeem: (smacks lips) Really T?