Chapter 7: Change

Back at the apartment after a few days, Darcy, Ian, Eric, Samira, and Jane were sitting at the table. Jane was in her pajamas, along with Samira as they eat breakfast.

Jane was golfing down her food as Samira just pokes at hers

Jane was golfing down her food as Samira just pokes at hers."They're going to come back." Darcy tells them, Samira looks at her, "Expect, you know. Last time Thor were gone for two years." she states.

Samira sets down her spoon and ran her hand through her hair, "Well it's only been two days. So..." Jane tells them. "Did they say anything before they left?" Eric asks them, Samira looks at him. "Yeah they had to figure stuff out with their father, we kinda commented treason... on our way out," Samira tells them and took a sip of her coffee as Jane went back to eating her cereal. And back to the awarded silence at the dinner table.

~8~8~8~

Thor and Loki kneed before the Allfather as he stood on the renew throne. "You once said to me, Thor. There will be no wiser king than I. You were wrong." Odin states. "The aligned has brought all of the realms together, every one of them says you both offer your lives to save them, what can Asgard offer its new king and redeem prince in return?" Odin asks them. "Our lives." Thor states and the two stood up. "Father I can not be king of Asgard, we will protect Asgard and all the realms to our last and every breath. But I can not do so from that chair." Thor tells him.

Loki nods his head in agreement "Nor can I, I give up schemes to take the throne, in the illusion, that my very mind has conger up." Loki tells him, Odin eyes him. "What made you change your mind about the throne, Loki?" Odin asks him, "Samira." he answers, Odin raises an eyebrow.

Loki exhales as he had to be honest with himself "I thought I was the only one who's suffered the most, but then I realized; she was the one who's more than I, than any of us and I know this. As my duty as her friend and lover, I must stand by her. So that is what I give up the throne." Loki tells him. "I'd once believe you couldn't have changed your way, but maybe there was some good in having Samira and you meet." Odin states, "I will rather be a good man, father. Then a great king." Thor tells him, "Is this my son I hear or the woman he loves?" Odin questions Thor. "When you speak, do I – do we never hear mother's voice?" he Asks him.

Odin sighs, "This is not for Jane, father. She does not know what I came here to do. Nor does Samira with Loki. Now forbid us to see them or say they can rule at our side. It changes nothing." Thor tells him, Loki nods, agreeing with Thor as Odin sat down."One son wanted the throne too much, the other who scheme to steal it, and now both do not want it. Is this my legacy?" Odin asks them. "Knowing that we will defend Asgard and the nine realms, is that not legacy enough?" Loki asks him.

Odin looks down at Loki. Thor then offered Morjiar back to him. "It belongs to you, if you are worthy of it," Odin tells him. "I shall try to be." Thor tells him, "I can not give you my blessing, nor can I wish you good fortune." Odin tells them. Loki and Thor smile at him, "We know." Loki states and they both turn away. "If I were proud of the men my sons have become, even that I could not say." Odin states.

Thor and Loki turn and look at him. "It would only speak from my heart. Go, my sons." Odin tells them, feeling more pride for his sons. "Thank you, father," Thor tells him, and the two walk out of the Throne room.

~8~8~8~

Back on Midgard, Jane and Samira haven't budged from their spot as Ian and Darcy clean the dishes, and Eric read the newspapers. Then the sound of thunder reaches their ears, the two mopping girls lift their head from the sound of the Bifrost opening Jane face light up and she ran outside, Samira follows after her. She walks up to the gate after it closes and kisses Thor, Loki smiles at him and looks over at Samira as she stood in the doorway, in shock as Loki was now walking over her.

Her feet move on their own and were now in Loki's arms. "I thought I was never going to see you again." Samira tells him, "I will always come for you, no matter how far apart we are." he tells her as he smiles at her, cups her cheeks and kisses her in a meaningful kiss that was a promise.

-I will never leave you alone ever again, I love you, my angel-

Loki said through the kiss. Samira wraps her hands around Loki's back and held onto him tightly, refusing to let go. And nothing will separate the trickster God from his warrior Angel ever again.