Intineraries and board shorts

This chapter is about Claire and Owen's famous first date. I'll be writing from both POV's
«────── « ⋅ʚ♡ɞ⋅ » ──────»                                       «────── « ⋅ʚ♡ɞ⋅ » ──────»
Claire's POV
I was invited to a date! A bloody date! I was already starting to panic. What do I have to wear? A black or a red dress? Or maybe the navy blue one? I had pulled all of the clothing out of my closet and was now standing in a huge pile of clothes. I decided to go with the blue one and picked up it up from the ground. I snatched some matching heels and a purse with me. After I had done all my make-up and everything I printed out an intinerary, I had exactly planned what we were going to do. I'm an organized person after all. I put it in my purse and rushed to my car, then I realized I forgot the keys and went back. I had 10 minutes until our date. Why was I so nervous? I shook my head and took the keys. I drove to Owens bungalow.

Owen's POV
I had just finished showering, in 10 minutes Claire would be here. I was brushing my teeth and ran a hand through my hair. With my toothbrush still in my mouth I went to my closet and opened it. The only thing in there were a pair of board shorts. I glanced over at the pile of dirty laundry and sighed. Board shorts it is then, it's hot outside anyways. I took them out of the closet and snatched a shirt from the pile of clothes. I sniffed it and shrugged. Good enough. I was done just on time because when I walked out of the bedroom I heard a knock on the door. I walked over to the door to open it. My jaw dropped when I saw her. She looks beautiful.. "You-you look absolutely gorgeous.", I stammered as I scanned her from head to toes.

Claire's POV
I slightly blushed at Owens comment and murmured a thank you. I hadn't looked at what he was wearing yet but when I did I pulled my face in a disgusted expression. He frowned at me. "What's the matter?", he asked. I nodded down at his shorts. "Are you seriously going to wear that?", I tilted my head despised. "Sorry I didn't had anything else to wear. Else I'd smell like dinosaur droppings.", ashamed, he scratched the back of his neck. "Fine..", I sighed. We walked to my car and I got behind the wheel.

Owen's POV
I obviously didn't make a good first impression but there was still hope. I couldn't stop looking at Claire the entire ride, she was so beautiful. She noticed me staring and curved an eyebrow. "What?", she asked. "Nothing.. you just look absolutely gorgeous.", I let out a dreamy sigh. I noticed the slight blush on her cheeks. I loved it when she blushed. I could hear Barry's voice again. You better not screw this up, Grady. And he was right, I better not. I could be with the prettiest woman on this island.

Claire's POV
We arrived at the restaurant and I went to the front desk. A waiter led us to our table, we had a nice seat in the corner right next to the window. Owen pulled away the chair for me and I gave him a small smile. I took place and so did he. I took the intinerary out of my purse, receiving a frown from Owen. "So.. we're staying here until 7:30pm then head to the beach and watch the sunset till 8:00pm, after that we-" "Woah woah, wait. You planned everything? With scheduled times?", Owen cut me off. "Eh yes? Of course I have.", I answered. Owen shook his head laughing. "Claire, I know you like structure but please.. just sit back and relax. The most important thing is to have fun, not to have everything perfectly scheduled.", he said. I wanted to protest but I didn't. I nodded slowly. "There's a first for everything.", I said as I shove the intinerary back in my purse. I picked the menu up from the table and took a look at it. Owen did the same. Once we had decided what to eat, I called a waiter and ordered our dishes.

Owen's POV
We ate and talked about all sorts of things. I managed to make her laugh a couple times and god I loved that belly laugh of hers. Claire had almost begged me to go watch the sunset so we did. We were standing on the sand which was still hot from the burning sun that had shined earlier today. Claire had taken off her heels and walked over the sand, towards the sea. "Come on!", she called and I followed her with a smile.

They watched the sunset for a while and after that, they went to Owens bungalow. Exhausted, Claire let herself fall on the couch. She fell asleep almost right away. Owen picked her up in bridal style and carried her to his bedroom. He put her down gently and snuggled next to her. He felt how she hugged him like a teddy bear. He smiled to himself and closed his eyes. The Claire Dearing is mine.