Chapter 24: Party

I decided to go with the wine red silk gown we bought yesterday. It was right up my alley. It has a deep neckline that flaunt my chest part attractively and a slit on the right leg. It's provocative and I'm totally pleased with it.

Everett wanted to hire make-up artists for me but duh? That's like half of my career.

I usually do my own hair and make-up. I'm used to it, and I can even do this as a sideline job.

I'm literally myself's stylist.

A lot of my friends are invited because some of them have their parents as business partners with the Esquivels.

Sa totoo lang, parang mawawalan na ko ng hininga sa kaba. No one knows I'm working for the Esquivels as a maid and this is my first time being seen in public- no, this is my first time seeing them.

I was once seen in public on the day of our date! Photos of us holding hands and flirting quickly escalated on the internet.

Well then, I guess I don't need to explain why I'm attending to this party with the birthday man as my date. Maybe, it's a good thing after all.

Narinig ko ang katok sa aking pinto at agad na binuksan iyon. 

"Oh my gosh! You're so... pretty, Dadang!" I tried to find words to describe her.

Sumimangot siya.

"Alam kong pangit ako, Summer, hindi mo na ako kailangang bolahin pa."

I mean, everyone's beautiful! Beauty is not always physical. I know that phrase is overused but it's true. 

My career has taught me that what makes someone beautiful is the society they're living in. Society will brand us as beautiful, pretty, handsome, or ugly in their own perspective. So, if you want to feel beautiful, surround yourself with genuine and positive people. Or just simply, love yourself. I live by that value.

"Anong pangit? You're beautiful, Dadang. Don't bring yourself down."

Inupo ko siya sa inuupan ko kanina. Hinarap ko ang mukha niya sa salamin para makita niya ang nakikita ko.

"Let me unveil your beauty," I said and wiked at her.

Light make-up looks good on her. She's not beautiful, for her eyes at least, but she's so pretty! I swear! Hindi lang talaga ito nag-aayos.

I also straightened her hair opposite to my curled one. I pulled a couple strands of her hair, I twisted it and set it behind her ear. I put a cute pearl hair clip on top of that and she looks gorgeous!

Napapalakpak pa ako sa sariling gawa. Matapos kong ayusan si Dadang ay lumabas na rin ako.