Chapter 1: #Sadboysgetchicks

I sprint to my class silently enough to not be noticed. Knocking on the door two times, I open it cautiously to not get into more trouble. The whole class swiveled their heads in my direction, and all were silent. All 23 students were waiting for the exact same thing. For Mrs Taylor to put me in a realistic nightmare.

I turned my head Mrs Taylor's way but made sure not to look in her eyes. She was a serious lady with her dark brown hair tied in a perfect slick bun, and was not to be messed with.

"Miss Marlin, would you care to explain to the class why you are late?"

Mrs Taylor knew that this was really embarrassing for me. "I lost track of time because I was thinking of something..." I mumbled, bowing my head and waiting to hear my punishment, but I could not believe what Mrs Taylor answered next.

"Very well Miss Marlin, you may take your seat," I couldn't believe she let it slide, but then she finished her sentence and I could believe what she said this time, "but you have detention today after school and don't be late!"

Fuck what a way to start the day. I walked to the third row close enough to the end of the class. My desk is right in the middle of the class so I have an amazing view of everything, perfect for passing notes to whoever I want.

"So class, before our little interruption, I was explaining the details of the upcoming Prom dance,"

As Mrs Taylor mentioned Prom, every girl started giggling and the boys were anxiously fixing their hair,

"As you know the Prom dance occurs in 11th grade, which means there are multiple rules to follow. I know you're all young adults blossoming and such. So follow the rules, i hope no one forgot but I'm sure people did so i'll remind you. Remember, no alcohol or any drugs whatsoever. It is traditional that a boy asks a girl to Prom, but if you choose to go with a group of friends it is up to you. Prom is in three days! So make sure you already have someone to go with. Don't forget we'll be voting for Prom King and Queen. If you have any questions ask the Student body president, Stephanie, and she would——" but just then Mrs Taylor stopped talking because someone had opened the door with no warning interrupting her. 

The person that had walked in the class was wearing expensive cologne and had the most perfect brown hair that all the guys were jealous of. He had light menacing green eyes that can put you in a trance if you wanted to be sucked in that easily. All the girls had started daydreaming about how handsome the male figure was. "Mr Dawson, how dare you barge into my class like that! Excuse yourself and state the reason for your lateness at once!" Mrs Taylor did not look like she was playing around.  

Logan, or as Mrs Taylor likes to call him, Mr Dawson, is the hottest and most popular guy in our semester, or at least that's the majority opinion. He is also captain of the football team so no one dares to mess with him but that doesn't mean they don't want to. It's just mutual knowledge, in order to get a good label to your name you pretend to like those who are prevalent. He is brave and to put it realistically, he doesn't give a shit. Some say bad boy, some say cocky but we all know he always disregards Mrs Taylor. As he barged in the class the expression on his face looked different and his personality seemed off.

"I apologize Mrs Taylor, I couldn't sleep last night so instead I slept in the morning. I promise I'll never be late again!" While Logan apologised he felt vulnerable and desperate. I was confused and I could tell everyone in the class was as well, including Mrs Taylor. We had all never seen this side of him, for he usually ignores all that the teachers have to say.

"Oh... Um... well since you promised, I guess It would be fine not to give you a late slip." Mrs Taylor did not know how to react to this side of Logan.

A self assured girl in the middle of the front row raised her hand but instead of waiting for Mrs Taylor to call on her, she spoke. "But Mrs Taylor... Logan was late and therefore should be punished." the girl said. The student that spoke was Steph, the one and only student body president. She has bright pink glasses and straight brown hair. Steph and I are good friends even if I find sometimes she can be a little much.

She tried to make Mrs Taylor come to her senses but for the first time, Mrs Taylor was on Logan's side.

"Last time I checked, Miss Smith, I am the teacher and not you so I can decide whether he should be punished or not,"

Steph's face burned bright red. You could see her slyly slouch low in her seat and since she sat in the middle of the front row, everyone could see her do it. Mrs Taylor never called her by her last name so Steph had really done it this time.

"Don't worry I will still give him detention after school with Mrs Marlin. Mr. Dawson, you may go to your seat, but don't expect me to explain prom all over again."

I couldn't believe it, having detention with Logan was almost exactly prison except the poorly made food. The food would be better.

"Pssst,"

Two people whispered right behind me to get my attention. I turned around to see who they were. "I thought you would never turn around," One of the girls said, rolling her eyes. Without surprise I saw Mackenzie and Melanie, the gossip girls. Mackenzie and Melanie have always been the life of the party, if you needed information or wanted information to spread out, they were your girls. They've been best friends forever. Mackenzie has long wavy blond hair with light blue eyes. Melanie has long straight brown hair with big brown eyes. Together they run the girls soccer team. I've only just met them this year but we have become close friends, which can be helpful when it comes to acquiring gossip.

Mackenzie and Melanie leaned their heads closer to the desks and whispered so we wouldn't get caught. "So... you have detention with Logan." Mackenzie whispered while moving her eyebrows up and down as to say that I was lucky.

"Don't be stupid, I have no feelings for him,"At least not good ones I thought. Every girl had at least once had a crush on him, but I was never as attracted to the overly cocky popular boy type who thought not lifting a single finger to get what they wanted was the way to go. "Plus isn't he dating that spoiled, rich girl, Morgan?" I asked.

Morgan and Logan have been together since forever but love their status way more than each other. I heard they changed their names to rhyme just for popularity.

Mackenzie and Melanie's faces were both frozen with their eyes and mouth wide open, like they had seen a ghost.

"What?" I asked, not knowing why they were so shocked.

"You don't know!?" Mackenzie whispered loudly, affronted.

"Morgan and Logan broke up!" Melanie blurted out, forgetting to whisper in her haste to dish out the gossip.

Mrs Taylor heard us talking, and since we weren't listening, was ready for more punishment.

"Miss Lawrence and Miss Arthur, are you paying attention?" Mrs Taylor asked. "Yes we are!" Mackenzie lied, glaring at Melanie for selling them out.

"Well since you were listening, would you care to explain to the class what were the starting and ending dates of the Great Depression ?" Mrs Taylor gazed sternly at them, knowing they wouldn't know the answer.

"Um... well... When Donald Trump was elected, everyone was depressed. So if you ask me, everyday is a Great Depression!" Mackenzie improvised wildly. The class burst into a fit of giggles.

"As you can see Miss Lawrence and Miss Arthur were not listening. The real dates of the Great Depression were August 1929 to March 1933. I expect better from you. From all of you." You could tell that Mrs Taylor really did care about our education.

Hey Readers! I know this story doesn't have a lot of context so far but if you have any suggesting on how to make this story better plssss tell me! 

Also for now the story is really just about Maggie but I was thinking MAYBE i should make her talk with her parents and the mean girl of the school (Margot) more.

What do you guys think? Should I make this story long like a book or keep it a Short Story?? 

THX FOR READING DUDESSSS