Chapter 2: Love at first obsession

After the lunch bell rang, I grabbed my stuff and went outside with Mackenzie and Melanie to go to our usual spot we go to for lunch. The lunch tables are outside but the cafeteria is inside. At our school, Flirtwell High, what a name right?, the outside area is made up of three different sections; the first corner is the big football field, where the football team, the Bulls, and the Cheerleaders practice and play their games, sometimes used to throw huge raves that end feeling like a stupid horribly planed orgy; the second area is the free section, the whole area is made of perfect green grass and young trees that have recently been planted, going there is perfect for when I need to process my thought before I have a mental breakdown; and the third section, the lunch tables. Each table has a different group, I am part of two groups. My first group is called the Italians and my second group are my bestest of friends, the Galaxy Stars.

Mackenzie, Melanie and I went to the cafeteria to get some lunch and I was still thinking about what they had said about Logan. So intrigued, I started talking to Mackenzie.

"So... do you think that's why Logan is not himself today?" I asked Mackenzie.

"What? The fact that he broke up with Morgan? Most likely. I heard she cheated on him with one of the football players." Mackenzie said, feeling sad for Logan. What a bitch, I don't even understand why she's popular but yet again it's just common knowledge. After I spoke to them I told them I would meet up with them later because I couldn't decide between the Mashed potatoes or the fries. Once I made the decision of choosing the fries I left the cafeteria to go to the lunch tables.

Walking outside on the grass, I realize I need to tell someone about the dream that I had last night. Last night I had a dream, a dream so tempting I couldn't wake up. It felt so realistic. It couldn't just be anyone, nope! My secret carrier had to keep this in the utmost secrecy and had to be someone I would kill for. As I'm walking up to my group, the Italians, with my lunch ready, I see something from the corner of my eye racing towards me. I whipped around and sailing through the air towards me was a football! It was approaching so fast that I didn't have time to dodge it, but right when I thought my life was gonna get even worse by getting a concussion, someone jumped in front of me to catch the football. He almost fell to the floor but luckily the person was good with their feet.

"You should watch where you throw that! You're not even allowed to be playing football here——" I hollered at the person, wanting to put them in their place, but I stopped short when I saw who it was. The person who had caught the football was none other than Austin, my goddamn crush.

Austin Freeman has been my crush since 7th grade. He has curly blonde hair and brown eyes that enraptured me. I have to admit real guys are stupid and so immature but Austin has never been like that, not since I've known him. When we were younger, he was always the class clown but now he's on the football team with Logan and is just as hot as ever. He and Logan have been best friends forever which I never would have thought since they're so different but I can't know that much about their history.

"Are you alright?" Austin asked, an apologetic grin playing on his face. He looked into my blue eyes and we were both locked, not being able to talk. He soon turned though and started rubbing the back of his head nervously. We were both very nervous, but why should he be nervous? I'm the one with the stupid childish crush for christ's sake.

"Um... I-I'm f-fine... Thanks... " I stuttered.

"I'm really sorry if I hurt you. The boys and I accidentally passed the football area," he said, I could tell he meant it. "Are you hurt? Do you need anything?"

I couldn't believe it, I was having an actual conversation with him. "Thank you, again, for saving me," I finally found my voice, "I'm not hurt. I don't think there's anything you could do to help me."

"Well now you may have nothing for me to repay you, but one day you will and I'd be happy to help." Austin kept staring at me, his hair blowing in the wind. I thought to myself why he would say that he would repay me in the end and not his team? He probably didn't realize what he was saying.

I watch as Austin runs with his football back to his friends. Talking to Austin made me forget what I was doing in the first place.