Chapter 3: You can always trust someone with a good secret

I ran to the lunch table where the Italians were and saw that they were all looking at me. I had to apologize.

"Sorry I'm late!" I guess today was just not my day.

Let me explain the group called the Italians. I honestly don't know why I'm in it because I'm Portuguese, not Italian, yet I practically created the group. The Italians have been friends for the longest time.They are made of 6 girls and with me 7. Mackenzie, Melanie and Steph are all a part of it. There's also Gaby, Stella and Sofie. All three of them have brown eyes. Gaby has long brown hair but it seems short because it's really,really curly. Stella's hair is brown and straight, just like Steph, but Stella usually wears her hair in a low messy bun. Sofie has really long, curly dark brown hair and she always has it in a ponytail.

"Let's hear the excuse this time, Magic Maggie." Gaby said, putting an air of quotation marks around the name Magic Maggie.

"I'm really sorry guys, I didn't mean to be late it's just that——" Stella interrupted me before I got too worked up. "Calm your beans Maggie," She said "Gaby's just kidding. Right Gaby?" Stella elbowed her and lifted her eyebrows suggestively. Gaby sighed and said, "Yup... just kidding." Sofie jumped in, "And anyways, we know why you're late" She smiled slyly and everyone else at the table did too.

I didn't know if they were thinking about the same thing as me but there was only one way to know for sure, I had to bring it up, fuck. "Wait so you saw——" I started speaking but Melanie interrupted me so she could be the first to really say it. "Yes! We saw how you were talking to Austin and... the way you were looking at him! It's obvious that you like——" before Melanie could finish her sentence Steph put her hand on her mouth. Steph motioned her head around the area as if to say that there were people that could overhear their conversation.

"I'm sorry," Melanie whispered, blushing. She often doesn't realize how loud she can be, and that can get us into trouble sometimes. "I still can't believe it. I mean...," Melanie leaned in conspiratorially, "he obviously likes you back!" My heart fluttered, but I ignored it.

"I've never even entertained the notion before," I mused, pretending to not pay it much thought.

"Anyway, I promised the Galaxys I would go sit with them," I said but I don't think the Italians were really happy about that. I hated leaving the Italians but I do have a system, and I follow it to a tee. I rotate between friend groups, and today is the Galaxy's day.

"Come on girl, don't leave us for the Galaxy Stars," Stella said, punctuating the word 'Galaxy Stars' so it sounded like they were something she'd find on the bottom of her shoe.

"Sorry Stella, but they are my best friends, and plus I'll always need you ladies, you all are what make me keep my dignity alive" I replied. I could tell Stella forgave me by the statement, and she tossed her hair off her shoulder proudly, causing me to laugh and leave off with a wink. There would always be two groups.

I spotted the Galaxy's table and ran to greet them. The Galaxy Stars are 4 girls, including me. My 3 besties are Lexi, Zoe and Chloe, they all have brown eyes, and that might be their only similarity. Lexi and Zoe are one of the populars in the school alongside Logan and Morgan. Lexi is super pretty! She has brown hair and piercings at the bottom of her ears and one piercing at the top of one ear. Zoe has straight, dirty-blonde hair that cascades down to her waist. Chloe has short, dark brown hair and is a beautiful mix of Chinese and korean. I sometimes think her sparkling eyes are bigger than the moon. The Galaxy Stars have known each other and have been best friends since elementary school, so I tell them everything. These girls are my bitch everything's.

When I arrived at the table, I noticed that Lexi was the only person there. "Hey Lexi! Do you know where Zoe and Chloe are?" I asked.

"Actually I think they didn't want to have lunch at school and decided they wanted to go out to eat," Lexi said impatiently, "Those shits fucking left me alone! Anyway let's change the subject, how was your day?"

That's when it came to me, like my brain knew it all along. Lexi was the one I should tell my dream to!

"Lexi you have no idea how grateful I am to have you here and to have you as my best friend!" I exclaimed gayly. Lexi was lost.

"Slow down girl! I know that sweets but you gotta take a big breath and explain." Lexi knew how to calm me down so I followed her suggestion.

"You can't tell anyone, not a fucking soul" I told her sternly. I sat down and moved my head closer to Lexi so no one could eavesdrop on our conversation. "Last night, I had the strangest dream. It wasn't your ordinary dream, mind you. This particular dream was about... a boy." I started. Lexi grinned and shrugged her eyebrows in an ooh la la sort of way. "Who was the dream about? Oh my god did you have a fuck dream?! Ok nevermind just tell me" Lexi asked, surprisingly curious and could see by my expression when she said fuck dream I was not in the mood. I looked at her in the eyes ready to spill, "It was about Ethan." Lexi's mouth was wide open, surprised. She was like that for a while but soon found her voice. "Do you remember what you were doing in the dream?" Lexi asked. "No! And that's what's been driving me crazy! I don't remember what happened!" My crush now is Austin but before him, I liked this guy named Ethan. Me and Ethan were good friends but there were times where it could have been more than that. It started to get too complicated towards my feelings so it was best to put those feelings aside but in the process I no longer speak to him.