Chapter 5: Who created the term long-lost friends?

As I'm walking out the door, not looking where I'm going, I accidently bump into something. I thought it was the wall, I looked up to see what appears to be a person turns out this day was full of surprises because it wasn't just anybody.

"Are you okay?" the person put out his hand, I reached out mine to place into his. As I looked up I could feel my stomach turn. "Oh... hey Ethan," I said, trying not to look in his direction.

"Maggie... what a surprise" he said, this time I looked in his direction, it's been so long since I looked in his glasses like that. Ethan has brown hair, the same color as mine. We both have glasses but they are squared while mine are round.

"What are you doing here?" I asked. "I could ask you the same thing," Ethan said, "I've never seen you in detention."

"Well I guess you don't know me that well" I said a little sassy now that I think about it. "You never answered why you were here."

"He's here to pick me up," Logan said. For a second I forget Logan was there. "Yeah that's right. Well we better get going. See you around Maggie." Ethan said. Just like that they were gone. I didn't understand why Ethan didn't want to stay and talk more, I guess a lot has changed since two years ago.

That night I went back to my house to see my mom, dad and sister. When I went to bed I thought about tomorrow. My mind quickly changed to the blurred memories of the dream. About Ethan. About what happened between us. Soon it was morning and this time I actually woke up early. I guess today was going to be better, at least that was a good sign. That morning when I got to school I could see all the Italians at the front door. I thought at first they were probably waiting for me but then I saw the look on their face, the look of sorrowness.

"Hey guy whats wrong?" I Asked, not being able to take the heat much longer. They all just stood there not wanting to tell me something. "You can tell me I wont be mad."

"It's not that Maggie," Stella said, "It's about Austin"

"What about Austin?" I said. The thing is they don't know that I already know about Austin. I know that he kissed Morgan, I mean It's not like it's my ideal dream but its life and life sucked like that. I couldn't let that stop my life. "Well the thing is Austin and Morganー'' Mackenzie started to explain but I couldn't take the heat anymore. "Oh my god guys, I know about Morgan and Austin! I know how they kissed and how that bitch cheated on Logan." I said, confessing, "Girl, what are you saying?" Gaby said snapping with sass, "Morgan and Austin didn't kissー Well I mean they obviously kissed, but that's because they're fucking dating!" Everything went quiet. It came and went like a flash. I didn't know what I was doing anymore, all I could do was run. I went Into the school. Slowly walking ignoring the others calling for me. But then I was going faster, soon not paying attention to anything or anyone. I soon stopped running to think. I needed answers, I couldn't go to Logan or Morgan for answers because Logan is hanging out with his friends and I'm pretty sure I've said too much with him. Morgan and I basically hate each other so that was never happening. I needed to talk to the other side of the relationship. I checked my calendar in my locker and realized I had chemistry. I have chemistry class with Austin! I thought. That would be my chance to get answers.

As I stepped into class casually, I was shocked the class was so loud. I tried to find Austin but the class was too surrounded and vacant. The teacher wasn't in the class yet which explained the screaming. I went to my spot in the back of the class as there were no other spots. I spotted Chloe and Zoe in the front of the class, but they were talking to two other guys so I didn't want to interfere. I waited and started getting ready for the class to start. Soon the teacher walked in the class, explaining the task and how we needed partners. Zoe and Chloe were partners so I couldn't ask them. Well this was just great, as a person who's not a brainiac at chemistry and has no partner? Could this day get any worse

"Excuse me, you don't have a partner right? Can I work with you?" someone was standing behind me, "Your name is Maggie right?" I recalled that voice. I turned around to be sure. It was Austin. While turning around out of shock I accidently knocked something, but just in time Austin caught the cup of liquid before it could spill.

"I'm sorry i'm such a clutz" I said smacking my forehead internally. "It's ok... that's the second time I've saved you like that" he said. "Thanks and because you saved my ass, I'd be glad to call you my partner!" I said rather too freely. "You're really funny" Austin laughed grinning, "I like that about you" I tried to hide my blushing cheeks and by the looks of it I think he tried too. "So... we should start working!" I said, trying to cut the awkwardness. As we worked we talked about ourselves getting to know each other, I realized I don't know much about him. I try to change the subject once and a while to talk about him and Morgan but he keeps avoiding it. "Austin... there's this rumor about you going around school and well... I think you need to tell me the truth about it" I said. He looks at me seriously. "Well you see Maggie if I know what you're talking about it's not at all true" He confest. I knew it! I finally felt my pain go away slowly as he explained it. "It wasn't my idea! I didn't want to be dating her. She's a horrible person and besides I would never do that to Logan," He said caring about his friend, "Or you." he said. Holy shit why did he have to be so good with words.