Chapter 4: Detention's for losers and bitches

Lunch was soon over so Lexi and I cleaned up. "Bye Lexi! I'll see you tomorrow." I said, about to leave. "Wait, what do you mean tomorrow? Aren't we seeing each other after school?" Lexi asked. "Sorry but I have detention." I said sadly. "Wait, doesn't Logan have detention today? No way! You have detention with Dawson!?" Lexi said, basically starting a whole new conversation. "Oh calm down.You can be so over dramatic sometimes." I said rolling my eyes annoyed that she would even think that but yet again everyone was thinking that today.

After school was over, I walked to the principal's office to find out where detention was going to be this time. Once I arrived at the principal's office I stated my name to the secretary and she gave me a slip of paper with my name and the room of detention. It read the history classroom so I left the office towards detention,I was not looking forward to it. On my way to the classroom I heard muffled talking from a distance. It sounded like an argument between a girl and a boy. I didn't want to interrupt their conversation so instead I hid behind the wall not to be seen and wait till they left. Then it got louder...

"I can't believe you," the male voice said, "I thought the fact of us being together is what you fucking wanted!"

"Oh whatever! Didnt you know I didn't care for you? Get it in that stupid head of yours It was only for attention!" the female said rather selfishly.

"But why did you fucking do it? Why did you hit on him when you knew he and I were good friends?" the male said.

"Don't you get it," the female said, "I don't need you anymore Logan." Wait, Logan? I thought. What is Logan doing begging to this girl? And who did this girl flirt with? I couldn't take the questions so I decided why not find out the answer myself and the only way to find out was to keep listening. So that's what I did.

"I did what I thought was gonna set your mind straight." the female voice said.

"Morgan you can't go around fucking other boys while we're still a thing." Logan said now really pissed.

This made so much sense. This conversation wasn't any conversation, it was a couple conversation. Logan and Morgan were fighting, the only question was: Over who?

"We weren't a thing anymore." Morgan said, setting the record straight.

"I can't do this right now. I have detention Morgan, I have to go," Logan said, "You don't have to meet me when it's done. I already called someone to pick me up"

Just like that Logan left without saying another word. Morgan started to leave too, but I noticed she was walking in my direction! I had to think quickly so I jumped up and ran to the closest room I could find. Fortunately, the room wasn't locked and was the janitor's room. When the coast was clear I ran out of the room to join detention hell. The room had only 2 people in it. Logan and this guy in the front who I didn't know. I decided to sit at the desk next to Logan. Then I realized I could get the answer I wanted out of him by questioning him and know who Morgan was talking about. Logan looked very drained out, I felt pretty bad for him even if we're not on perfect terms, It's not right the way Morgan treats him. It's not right how she treats everybody.

"Hi, I'm Maggie" I said, introducing myself abruptly with a smile on my face. Logan turned to look my way but soon looked back to the front of the class. I needed to get his attention If I wanted to get information.

"I'm sorry about you and Morgan's relationship" I said, "To be honest she doesn't deserve someone as good as you."

"I deserve her more than anyone does!" Logan had put his guard down, it was my chance.

"Logan, its ok to feel heartbreak," what would I know about heartbreak, "Morgan was one of those girls who were bound to cheat on their partner one day"

"I never told you anything about Morgan cheating on me." Logan said, getting suspicious about me. I needed to think of something fast because I couldn't just say that I was eavesdropping on a very private conversation.

"Well word gets around fast here so it had to get out someway" when I said that, I blushed and smiled looking pretty suspicious.

Logan didn't even care if he was being stalked or not, he was just too heartbroken. "It doesn't even matter anymore." Logan was down and for sure pissed but he soon changed his sadness with anger. "She has the upperhand, she always does."

"Logan... going through a breakup is really hard but you need to face it by putting your emotions aside." I said. "Maybe if you tell me what happened it would help some of your sadness and anger."

Logan thought about It, taking a big breath, picking the answer he thought was right, "Ok." Then Logan said one word, one word that I wish I never heard. "Austin," he said, "he was the one that she cheated on me with." It was like time had stopped, I could feel my heart slightly break. I soon realized that I was taking it way out of proportion since he was never mine to begin with.

"Are... are you okay?" Logan asked me.

"Im fine, it's just... nothing." I said. I really wanted to help Logan even if I had never really been through the same thing as him but in my head I couldn't let what he told me go. For the remaining detention Logan and I talked about his relationship. He didn't seem to mind it, in fact we actually hit it off. Soon detention was over so I packed my stuff and started walking out of the class.