9

That night as dinner was cooking, Francis went up to his room, and I followed behind him. "What is it?" He asked, confused. He seemed nervous and even avoided eye contact with me. "What's wrong with you? You seem extremely off?" I asked, getting closer. He was sitting on his bed, and I walked over to him and sat beside him. He still continued to avoid my eyes, and it was starting to piss me off. It pissed me off so much that I grabbed his face and forced him to look at me. "What's your problem?" I asked. His eyes widened, and his mouth parted.

His cheeks began to get red, and so did mine once I realized the distance. "I'm sorry... I am just worried," I spoke, moving away from him. I breathed out deeply and he began to look at me for real this time. "I was just a little shocked, I suppose..... you see, I found you on that dating app..... I wasn't expecting it, and I didn't know how to feel ... I mean, since you never really told me how you felt about guys," he spoke. My eyes widened, and I looked at him, shocked.

I could have sworn I told him I was down for guys. Maybe I was too dumb to think he would understand. "Well....." was all I could manage to say. As I began to think about it more, my face began to get hot. That's when the realization finally hit me hard. "Oh no! I'm so sorry... I could see why you were so awkward," I laughed.

"How come you didn't tell me?"
"I could have sworn I did but maybe not."
"Well, how long have you been...."
"Into guys?"
"Yeah."
"Maybe high school... I'm not sure," I spoke, shrugging.

His eyes widened, and suddenly his face turned red. There was something odd about it, though. I was not sure what it was. However, seeing him like this made me feel a type of way. I liked the way he looked..... it was so ..... how do I even explain it? It was just nice.

For a moment, we began to just stare at each other. What on earth was I supposed to do? How do I even break the silence? This pressure was causing my heart to beat fast.

"FRANCIS! CAN WE WATCH TV IN THE LIVING ROOM?" Alfred shouted through the bedroom. It caused both of us to jump and stare at each other, horrified. "Uhhh... am I interrupting your staring contest again?" Alfred teased. It caused me to look at him, seeing both him and Matthew smiling in a, "Were the two of you flirting" kind of way.  "Yes! Of course! You both know you can do whatever," Francis laughed.

He stood up, and I followed his movement. The boys nodded, and both ran out the room as if trying to race down the stairs. "Well.... this got kind of awkward, right? I'll go and make some lemonade," I started. I began to walk toward the door when he suddenly grabbed my hand. I froze in my place and looked down at our hands. I was soon looking back up to him. "Ummmm..." was all I could say.

"I'm sorry... I just..."
"Is there anything wrong?" I asked a little worried. He shook his head, and I looked at him, confused. "I just..... I don't know...... it's cool to know, I guess" he laughed nervously. Why was he acting so weird? This was making me embarrassed. His cheeks were pink, and I felt the need to ease his awkwardness.

I faced him and grabbed his hand, smiling sweetly at him. "It's nice that you finally know now, although I wish you'd have known back then. It would have made a lot of things easier," I smiled. His eyes widened, and he looked confused. Great! I made it worse.

It would have been easier, though. I had this weird crush on him that, well... left me broken hearted. It wasn't his fault, though; I never told him how I felt. Maybe I could have? The question made me laugh, and he looked at me even more confused. "What's so funny?" He asked.

I shook my head and shrugged. "I was just thinking about how when we were younger, I had this crush on you. It's silly, really, and I was laughing at the thought of how you never knew because I was an idiot," I laughed.

I slowly stopped laughing and looked at him. Only, he wasn't laughing at all.... he was serious. "What?" He asked. I lifted an eyebrow, confused, and shrugged. "Don't worry about that anymore, though; it was a long time ago, and even now, I'm going on a date with a girl I met on the dating app. I just thought it would be something to laugh at," I smiled.

I placed a hand on his shoulder and gave him a thumbs up. "Am I right?" I spoke. However, he continued to look shocked. I guess there was a lot of information for him to process. "Well..... I'll just go make the lemonade," I laughed awkwardly. He nodded slowly at me, and I turned away from him. Damn, I feel bad for blowing his mind so much tonight. I am sure he would be over it by dinner time. The food was still cooking, and he probably needed some space.

I walked down the stairs seeing the boys watching tv, and I went over to them to ask if they wanted some lemonade. Once I received the "okay," from them, I went right to work on making homemade lemonade. However, as I tried to do that, I began to feel bad about leaving Francis that way. Maybe I should not have said anything. I mean, it could make things awkward. But it's not like I feel that way now, it was a long time ago, and I am sure he knows that too. It just can't happen anymore, right?