19

I looked at Francis and slowly backed away. What do I even say? He looks extremely upset. "Did you hear everything?" I asked. He finally looked me in the eyes and nodded. "Well, mostly everything..... I can put pieces together," he spoke. I nodded nervously and looked away "are you going to say something?" I asked. Francis came closer to me and held my cheeks. "I'm only upset because I feel like I've betrayed all of you.... I'm a terrible foster parent for blaming the boys," he fell to his knees and held my waist.

"Hey! Don't be sorry, she had me fooled too. Please! This isn't your fault," I tried to explain. He looked up at me and held me tighter. "I said terrible things to you; I'm so sorry, Arthur. I'm a terrible friend," he said. He sounded as if he wanted to cry. I breathed out and smiled. I began to get on my knees as well so I could look him in the eyes. "Don't feel bad, I know I didn't give you much context, and I should have told you sooner, but you seemed so happy...... I didn't have the heart. That was my mistake...."

"I was happy.... but, even if you slapped some sense into me, I know I would have taken your side no matter what. You mean more to me than any woman who I barely know," he spoke. My eyes widened, and I moved his hair out of his face. "God.... you shouldn't say things like that," I said helplessly.

It wasn't just the fact that I wanted to protect him from that woman. I was jealous of her.... and it was because I was in love with Francis. I reached up to his forehead and planted a kiss on him. It was soft and short, but it managed to make him stop breathing. "You are making me too happy by saying that," I laughed. His eyes widened, and he suddenly pulled me in for a hug.

"Let's start over, we can take the boys out for dinner tonight. I'll apologize to them, I'll... I'd do anything for all of us to be a family," he spoke. He held me so tight and pulled me under him. Francis had me in his arms into a dip as we sat on the floor. I looked at him from below, and I have never seen anyone more perfect.

"You promise?" I asked. He smiled at me sweetly and nodded. "I'd do anything for you," he whispered. He began to come closer, and my heart began to race. His lips touch the top of my ears, and I felt a shiver go down my spine. "Anything for you and the boys," he whispered. Francis then kissed my cheek, and it was like my heart screamed. My face turned red, and I looked at him shocked. He then continued to hold me in his arms very tightly. As if I would disappear if he were to let go of me.

"Arthur, if you only knew how happy you made me," he whispered. "I'm sure I have a good idea," I laughed. I'm sure he cared about me a lot, and I knew how happy I made him because we are good friends, but it isn't the same as how I'm feeling. I think the crush I had before on him when we were younger was nothing compared to how I'm feeling now. I genuinely believe I've fallen in love with him.

Suddenly I got a glimpse of the time, and I didn't realize how long we had been sitting here. "Francis! The boys! You are late!" I shouted. I pushed him away, and it took a second for the thought to finally hit him. "Oh damn!" He said. He quickly stood up, and I followed behind him. "I'll go with you; let's just hurry," I spoke. He suddenly grabbed my hand and pulled me down the steps. I did my best to keep up with how fast he was moving.

Looking at him, I just felt so much bliss. His hair, his skin, his eyes, his structure. All of it was looking more and more perfect to me. I was head over heels for him. But if I were to say anything, it would make things a lot more awkward than they need to be.

We ran out of the house toward his car, and I could feel how hot my face had gotten. My heart was beating extremely fast, and I felt as if I was going to faint. I sat in the car, and he looked at me with the biggest smile I had ever seen. "What is it?" I asked. He laughed slightly and shook his head. "Your face, it's so red," he laughed.

My eyes widened, and I quickly looked into the mirror. It was tomato red, and I began to slap my cheeks. "Oh no, I don't know how that happened," I laughed. Francis suddenly got close to me, and my eyes widened again. His face was centimeters away from mine. He then began to blow air into my face, and I think I could have had a heart attack. "Do you feel better?" He asked.

I quickly looked away from him and started to pinch my fingertips. "Yeah.... sure! I feel great," I laughed out nervously. "That is great then!" He laughed.

He began to drive the car, and I wanted to hit my head on the dashboard. I took a break out and just sat back in my seat. I'll just see where this goes besides.... I shouldn't ruin our relationship. I'm just being an idiot right now.

Yup.... an idiot....

I looked over at him and started to feel myself smile once more... he was beautiful. It's okay to have crushes, just as long as I don't have indecent thoughts and keep things professional. Yes!!!! Everything will be fine! Everything will be just fine!!!

Right?