13

Francis pov

"Do you know what happened?"
"Is he going to be okay?"
"Francis?"
The boys both kept trying to talk to me but I couldn't say anything. "Slow down, Francis! We are going to get hit," Matthew spoke. I was so angry that It was like I drowned them out. "Dude! Snap out of it" Alfred spoke shaking me. I finally looked over at them and they were worried. "I'm sorry... I don't know what happened, but we have to hurry and see if he is alright" I spoke.  They nodded and finally sat back in their seat.

What could have happened that made him look like that? Did he get in a fist fight or something? I felt so scared for him. I know he threw himself out of a moving car, but he was really beaten up. More than what I could have expected.

~
When we arrived at the hospital, they allowed us to see him after telling us he was finally stable. The boys walked in first, and I could see how they immediately went to hug him. It was nice seeing how much they cared for him. I felt my heart drop seeing him look so beat up. He finally looked at me and smiled at me. "Hey, Francis... I guess the date didn't go as planned," he laughed.

I smiled and immediately went to hug him. "Sorry boys, it's my turn," I laughed. I pushed the boys out of the way, and they both jokingly glared at me. "I'm fine, don't worry," he laughed. It was so warm and reassuring, and it made my heart flutter. I pulled away and began to glare at him, and he made a confused face. "You are such an idiot! What happened, exactly ?" I asked, annoyed. He laughed once more and gestured for me to calm down.

All three of us took a seat around him, and he slowly sat up with the help of the bed buttons. "Well... it's kind of embarrassing, actually," he spoke nervously. "Why?" I Alfred asked, confused. "Well.... my date was a catfish..... she...... wasn't a she.... but a man." He spoke. Their eyes widened, and I felt shocked to hear it again. However, I could hear the boys slightly giggle. Arthur and I turned to them, and they immediately stopped "sorry, sorry, I couldn't help it," Alfred spoke.

I shook my head at them and turned back to Arthur. "Well... I found out like an idiot. "She" told me to meet her outside and basically lured me into her car....it was kind of idiotic," he laughed nervously. I shook my head and also tried to hold back a laugh. How the hell does he get lured into the car? I turned to Alfred and Matthew, and they turned away from us. Probably trying not to laugh.

"And then what happened?" I asked seriously. "Well, he basically trapped me, and I fought my way out. He hit me over the head a few times, and I have a concussion, but I also jumped out of a moving car, so I have a sprained wrist," he spoke. I felt so angry that he had to go through that. "Wait! You jumped out of a car? That's pretty badass," Alfred spoke. "Language child" I spoke.

The boys turned to each other and began to give each other their handshake that they made up earlier this evening before Arthur suddenly came into the house. "Well, I'm totally fine now. I'm going to delete that app and move on. That man doesn't know where we live, so I know we are safe," he smiled. "Don't let one bad experience ruin it," I tried to encourage. He shook his head and looked really sad. "No, I want to... I think I'm not ready to get out there... maybe I'll wait some time," he spoke.

I feel bad, and I don't want him to give up. However, if he isn't ready, then maybe I shouldn't be flirting with him. I need to really find myself a date, that way he doesn't get the wrong idea. "That's totally fine then; take as much time as you need," I spoke. I gave him a smile, and his checks were changing color. Maybe he is ill or something?

"Looks like you'll be taking care of me until I heal up," he laughed. "As if I was doing anything else before," I laughed. We continued to smile at each other when suddenly "god, just kiss already," Matthew suddenly spoke. It wasn't what he said that caught us off guard, but who said it.

"Mattie, oh my! You sly dog," Alfred laughed.
"Matt, for Pete's sake we are just talking," I spoke. However, he just shrugged and looked the other way. Those darn kids are something else. "When are you being released?" I asked. "The doctor said that I can be released in the morning if everything looks good," he smiled. "Great! We will stay here with you tonight," I smiled.

"Francis, you don't have to."
"No, I want to. Plus, I can't exactly leave the boys alone at home. What if we suddenly get robbed?" I laughed. "If we were to, I guess I'll have to save Mattie," Alfred spoke. "Yeah, right, I'll have to save you from doing something stupid," Matthew shot back.

"See, we will stay here with you. The boys haven't eaten yet though, so I'll get something to eat while they stay with you," I spoke. "Francis, can I go with you?" Alfred jumped up and down.

"Fine, Matthew, will you be staying?"
"Yeah, I'll keep him company."
"Alright, what did you feel like eating?"
"I'm fine with whatever Alfred picks out."
"And you? Arthur?"
"I'm not very hungry, don't worry about me," he spoke.

I nodded slowly, and Alfred and I began to leave the hospital room. I was distraught, but I knew he would be just fine. "Francis, he will be fine. Don't worry..... I know we all haven't known each other that long but the two of you have been more like parents to us than anyone else. Matthew and I care about him, and you and we both know that nothing bad could ever happen. I think he will be just fine, so you should too! Trust me" Alfred smiled.

He was not joking for once, making me feel warm inside. He was so serious and genuine, and I was proud that he was starting to see us as parent figures. I wouldn't want anything bad to happen to them.