20

"Remember that if you need anything, to call Francis. I'll be working a lot more but I'll do my best to come when the both of you need me," I spoke. I was dropping the boys off at school, and they looked so excited. Thankfully after that whole incident, Francis and them have become so much closer. Francis apologized, and we are basically more family than before. "Also, don't forget that I packed your lunches!" Francis added. The boys looked at him embarrassed and started to shake their heads. "We aren't babies," Alfred whined.

"You sure do sound like one though," Matthew teased. They began to pretend to start fighting, and Francis shook his head. "God, just go to class already! And please behave. Keep those smart mouths at ease," Francis spoke. They both smiled and looked at each other. "Yeah, no promises," they said in unison.

They both got out of the car and started to walk into the building. On the first day, we offered to give them a ride to school, but we both know they want to walk tomorrow and so on. They were perfect kids; I just hope they behave.

Francis and I looked at each other and I began to drive off. "Well I'm off today, so how about we eat some lunch?" I suggested. He smiled at me and nodded "that sounds perfect! It's been a while since the two of us had some time alone," he smiled. He was so sweet all the time, I wanted to kiss his stupid face.

When we arrived at the house, I took off my shoes at the door. I walked into the kitchen and took a seat at the table, and watched as Francis followed. "What do you feel like eating?" He asked. "How about some nice toasted sandwiches?" I asked. He smiled at me and nodded. "Of course, anything for you," he began. I followed behind him, so I could help make some food.

"What are you doing?" He asked, confused. "I'm helping you," I laughed. We stared at each other for a few seconds, and I slowly looked away. Why is this so weird?! I have to stop acting this way! I'm letting my feelings get the best of me. "Francis, are you going to try dating again?" I asked. He looked at me confused, as he began to gather all the ingredients. "Ummm..... maybe, if I find the right person," he laughed nervously.

He looked a little awkward and scratched the back of his head. I knew that look; he had already found someone he liked. "I'm guessing by the reaction; you've been talking to someone?" I asked with a smile. If I was going, to be honest, it kind of hurt my feelings to know that. It did not take him long. 

I began to wash my hands and started slicing some cheese. "Well... it's complicated," he spoke. "How so?" I asked. Francis began to get bread together, and I watched him. "Well... we aren't exactly talking.... but I have feelings. However, I'm not sure if they feel the same way," he spoke. I lifted an eyebrow and looked at him. "I'm sure if you are just honest, they will know how you feel and probably feel the same way. Anyone would be lucky to have you," I spoke.

His face turned red, and he began to nod. "You think so?" He asked. I gave him a thumbs up and nodded fast. "Of course!! You are a great guy! You should just be honest" I smiled. He nodded and turned back to the food to help prep it.

For some reason, my hands began to shake, and I could feel this weird tension between us. "What about you? Will you date again?" He asked. I stopped cutting the tomatoes and looked at him. "I think so... I guess that in a way... I am also in the same boat as you. However, I know it's hopeless. There is no way they feel the same way," I spoke a bit sadly.

Francis quickly put down his stuff and grabbed my face some more. "Don't ever feel that way! You are an amazing person, and anyone would be an idiot not to see that," he spoke seriously. My eyes widened, and I let go of the knife and tomato. "You think so?" I asked, confused. He nodded confidently, and I began to smile. If only he knew how much those words meant to me.

Francis began to look down, and I felt a little confused. "What's wrong?" I asked, confused. "What if I began to feel that way.... so strongly?" He began. I felt a little confused, and I tried to say something. "What do you mean?" I asked. "I mean!.... what if I felt a certain way.... for someone?"

"I think that would be amazing, and you should go for it," I spoke. His head shot towards me, and I felt my stomach grow more and more uneasy. "And if my feelings for that person were to be for you, would you still feel the same? That anyone could love me back?" He suddenly spoke.

My eyes widened, and I was at a loss for words. "What?" I asked, confused. "Francis?" I spoke slowly. What do I do? This is all so sudden! I wasn't expecting this outcome. I wanted to shout and jump, but I was so confused. "It's you! It's you that I love..... I've fallen in love with you, and I don't know what to do with myself anymore," he spoke.

My face felt hot, and I lifted my hand over his. He was serious as ever, and I was freezing up. "I understand that my feelings won't be mutual, but I can't stay silent about it," he added. What do I do?!! Now is my chance, but I won't say anything.

Francis began to let go of me, and all I could do was grab his face and look him in the eye closely. "Francis!" That was all I could say. This was a nightmare.