Chapter 21

*There will be some POV switching in this update but its kind of necessary. Excuse any mistakes and enjoy*

Sarah's POV

When the door finally opened Ciara all but knocked me over and I caught myself while she wrapped her arms around my legs. "Hi mommy I missed you." "I missed you to pumpkin sooo much." I lifted her off the floor and hugged her while giving her a kiss before putting her back down. We walked into the kitchen where I saw Matthew's mom at the stove and I knew she had to be baking something because the air smelled sweet. "Hey Sarah baby." "Good morning." I walked around the counter and gave her a hug before sitting on a stool in front of the island. "I wasn't expecting you this early. Where is my big headed son?" "Going to go handle business." Even to my ears that came out a little rude so I quickly apologized when she looked up at me shocked. "Ciara go upstairs and play while I talk to mommy." "But grandma she just got here." "Go ahead baby. When we're done you can come back downstairs and help me put icing on the cupcakes." Her face lit up and she jumped down from the bench and ran upstairs to her room. "What happened?" "What makes you think something happened?" "Sarah don't play with me." I took a deep breath and told her everything that happened this morning ending with how Matthew pretty much broke up with me. I was fighting really hard with my tears but they won eventually and I found myself crying for the third time this morning. Jessica walked around the counter and wrapped her arms around me, comforting me while I cried. "Trust me honey if I know my son he didn't mean what he said." "It came out of his mouth so he meant it. He was even treating me like he didn't care." "I can't sit here and justify my sons' actions but I know he didn't mean anything that he said, he doesn't like when things are out of his control so this is his way of trying to get things back in order." I nodded my head but my feelings were still very hurt so I was letting some of her words go in one ear and out of the other. We talked for a little while longer before I called Ciara back downstairs.

"You know what, you should come to the church cookout today. Take your mind off of everything." "Ohh mommy can you come, its gonna be so much fun." "Sure baby why not." I smiled down at Ciara as she got down from her seat and went to go put on her shoes. I helped Ms.J with the rest of the cupcakes then helped her pack them in the bakery boxes. I placed the last cupcake in the box when the front door opened then closed. I got a little nervous and quickly looked up to see Matthew's father walk in. I couldn't say I wasn't a little disappointed but I put a smile on my face when he fully walked into the kitchen. He walked over to Ms.J and gave her a kiss on the cheek before turning to me giving me a warm smile. "You must be the one this woman here can't stop talking about. My name is Isiah and as you know I'm Matthew's father." "Its nice to meet you, I'm Sarah." "How is that son of mine?" You could hear the hope in his voice and even though he had a slight smile on his face you could see the sadness and hope in his eyes. "He's fine. I do want to apologize for the other day on his behalf." "No need to apologize, he has every right to be upset with me." We got silent and Ciara came running into the kitchen and smiled when she saw her grandfather. "Hi papa." "Well hello munchkin. How was your birthday yesterday?" "It was so much fun. I was a princess with a pretty dress and everything." "Well I'm sorry I couldn't come but I did get you a gift." "You did?" He nodded his head and walked out of the kitchen just to walk back in a couple seconds later with a big box. He set it down and Ciara practically pounced on the box ripping off the wrapping paper. She was screaming and bouncing all over the place and she revealed one of the biggest barbie doll houses I've ever seen. "Mommy look!" "I see baby I see." He stopped pulling off the paper and ran over to Isiah wrapping her arms around his neck. "Thank you papa." "You are very welcome princess. I promise you I won't miss not another birthday, Christmas, Thanksgiving, anything. Okay?" Do you pinky promise?" She held out her pinky and he wrapped his around her while promising. "Okay papa." He let her down and she went back to work pulling off the wrapping paper to reveal a three story doll house with everything you could imagine. She grabbed the doll that was sitting in the house and started screaming again while jumping up and down. "Mommy she looks like me." She held the doll up to me and true indeed the doll did look like her. She went back to the dollhouse and she pulled out two cars. a dog, a million pieces of clothes, shoes, and so much more. "Mommy can I stay and play with my dollhouse." "When we get back you can play with it but were about to go with grandma to the cookout." She got excited all over again and quickly put everything back into her dollhouse before giving her Isiah another hug. "Thank you again papa." "No problem princess." "Well is everyone ready because we have to get going." I nodded my head and shot Matthew a quick text of where we were going before lifting Ciara while Ms.Jessica grabbed her keys and Isiah grabbed the cupcakes. "Did you want to take my car?" Ms.Jessica nodded her head and Isiah reached into his pocket handing her the keys. He went to trunk and all the cupcakes in the back before walking over to Ms.J's door. She got in and unlocked the door. Ciara and I got into the backseat while Isiah got in the passenger seat. The second we pulled off I looked out the window at everything passing by just ready to take my mind off of things.