Chapter 10

Sarah's POV

Waking up this morning I looked to see it was eight. I had about an hour before Ciara woke so I grabbed my towel and took a quick shower then threw on a pair of jeans and a shirt. I quickly threw my hair up in a sloppy bun then went downstairs to start on breakfast.

I started to become really comfortable in the kitchen that I didn't hear anyone wake up. I was taking out the muffins from the oven when Matthew came into the kitchen. The first thing I noticed was that he only had on a pair of boxers. His body was absolutely amazing and I wasn't even ashamed of staring, that was until I saw he had someone with him, a female to be exact. She was about 5'5, brown skin, curvy in all the right places, and overall really pretty. My mother always taught me to be polite so I said good morning but they were to absorbed in each other. I looked between Matthew and her feeling a little sadness but shook it off quickly. That was the type of girl he was use to, I don't know why I was expecting anything even if just a little bit. Matthew grabbed two muffins, handing her one, before taking a seat at the table pulling out his phone.

I tried to busy myself with cleaning until she started talking. "This was really good, you belong in a kitchen." I looked up and she was smirking at me while rubbing on Matthew's arm. I looked away and went to the dishes trying my best to not let her get to me. "You look familiar. Do I know you from somewhere?" I shook my head quickly cleaning up faster. "Lia shut up man." "I'm just trying to make conversation baby." She placed a kiss on his cheek before looking at me smiling. "So what schools did you go to?" "I don't really want to talk." "Why it's just a question." I quickly finished off the last dish, rinsing and drying, before putting it away and drying my hands. I was walking out of the kitchen but stopped when she spoke again. "Oh that's where I remember you from. You was the fat girl that sat in the back of my science class in eighth grade. Didn't your parents kill-" Matthew turned and grabbed her from her seat about to kick her out but I completely lost my mind. I rushed towards her and delivered blow after blow to any part of her that was exposed. It was like I really lost my mind to the point of no return. She was screaming for help but I could honestly care less about her pain.
I felt arms wrap around my waist and start to pull me off of her only aggravating me more. I finally let her go, only because she was out of my reach, but I was still so angry. "Lia get yo ass out now!!" "Are you serious Hot, she just-" "I said get out!!" She got up and limped to the door as fast as she could.

I heard the door slam a couple seconds later but I was still pissed. Matthew turned me around still holding but I pushed off of him. "Yo wassup!" I turned to walk away but he grabbed my wrist and yanked me back in front of him. "Let me go!!" In a second I saw why they called him HotBoy because his demeanor changed immediately, reminding me of that day in the park. He squeezed my arm tighter in his hand and grabbed my chin so I was looking up at him. "One thing you ain't never gonna do is disrespect me. When I ask you a question you answer me and you damn sure don't walk away from me while I'm talking to you. Next time you try some sh*t like that ima have a serious problem, am I understood?" I nodded my head quickly feeling all of my anger turn into fear. He looked me up and down before letting me go and walked away. It was only then that I realized what I had just done. I have never lifted my hand to anyone and I felt awful no matter how badly she hurt me, but one thing I don't feel bad about is yelling at Matthew. Even though I knew we were not together I just felt it was disrespectful to kiss on me and fill my head with sweet talk then bring home a girl. Then again this isn't my house and he's a grown man. I don't know I'm probably just making a big deal out of nothing.

I went upstairs and went into Ciara's room about to wake her up but she was already awake watching tv. She looked up when I walked into the room and smiled dropping the remote running to me. "Good morning sweet heart." "Good morning Ms.Sarah." "What do you want to do today?" "Can I stay with daddy today?" "Oh umm I don't know I'll have to ask..." Then I remembered Matthew or HotBoy wasn't really feeling me right now. Then again this isn't personal this has to do with my job. "You know what why don't we go ask your daddy right now." She screamed and jumped off of the bed smiling.