Chapter 16

*Two days later*

Sarah's POV

I haven't seen Matthew in two whole days and Im really worried. I know I said he is my employer and that's it but my feelings for him makes me worry about him. Its like when I call him he doesn't answer and when Ciara asks me where her dad is I have to continue saying he's working or he'll be home soon and Im not even sure if Im lying to her or not.

Take now for example, Im doing Ciara's hair and she's asked for her father about three times already. "Babygirl Im not sure where your dad is but he's a really busy man." "I know I just miss my daddy." I sighed and finished up her hair before letting her run to the mirror to look at herself. She ran back over to me and smiled up to me before giving me the face she always gives before she ask for something. "Mommy can we go get ice cream?" "Ciara its only 11:30." "But I really want ice cream." "We can go get ice cream later." "Mommy please." "Ciara no." She jumped off of my lap and went to the other side of couch crossing her arms. "Ciara." "I want my daddy." I sighed and got off of the couch and went into the kitchen to make Ciara breakfast.

I knew we were gonna be out for a while so I made her some grits, eggs, and bacon, before calling her to the table. "Ciara come eat." She didn't even budge from her spot she just sat there with her arms crossed staring off into space. I turned off the stove and walked over to where she was sitting. I got down so we were at eye level but she continued to stare off into space. "Ciara one thing I will never do is yell at you or hit you because thats not the person I am but I wont tolerate you being disrespectful either. When I tell you no about something its because I care about you and I dont want anything else to happen to you. I don't like being mean but I will if I have to, you understand?" She unfolded her arms and looked at me before nodding her head. "I'm sorry mommy I won't be mean anymore." I saw tears in her eyes and I pulled her onto my lap wiping them away. "Its alright baby just don't let it happen again." "Okay." She got off of my lap and went to the table to go and eat while I went to go get her clothes ready for today. Since Ciara was starting school soon Matthew left an envelope full of money and a note that said to get her everything I think she needs. Frankly I dont think she needs anything but I'll just get her some extra things.

It didn't take us long to be on our way towards the mall and Ciara was so excited. "Mommy are you gonna buy stuff too?" "No baby its just about you today." "But I want you to get something." "I dont need anything but I'll look." "Okay." I strapped her into the backseat then I got in the front before pulling off. We pulled up to the mall and I parked the car before getting out and getting Ciara.

She held my hand as we walked in and she pulled me straight into kids footlocker. She was just like her father pointing out what shoes she wanted and I sent workers off to go and get her size. By the time she was done running around pointing at different things she had 14 pairs of shoes, 9 pairs of pants, and 7 shirts. The cashier rung up everything and it all came up to $1,294.68. When I went into my bag and opened the envelope Matthew gave me it was full of 100 dollar bills. I gave her the money and she handed me the change taking away the bags. "Where are you taking my stuff?" "Oh we know who you are ma'am. Your things will be waiting in your car." She walked away and I just stood there shocked for a second before taking Ciara's hand and walking out the store to the next.

We spent about three hours walking from store to store buying Ciara everything she could possibly need. I felt like something was off though because everywhere we went I felt like we were being watched. I just shook it off and continued walking around getting a couple more things before taking her to the food court. "What do you wanna eat Ciara?" She looked around before she just pointed at a pizza place. We walked over and I ordered her a slice of pepperoni with a cup of lemonade while I just got chicken parmesan with a bottle of water. I paid for our food and we walked over to a table to eat.