Chapter 4: Demon Sense

The Abyssal Crack was shaking from all the noise. That noise was demons having a... party. It was to celebrate Thamuz's victory against Necrokeep and earning their loyalty.

Dyrroth was seated on his volcano rocks throne even though he wasn't even crowned as 'king' yet. He was able to sit on this throne because Thamuz was way too big for it and Dyrroth made fun of him for having a big backside.

He likes parties, but he didn't like this one. Not because of the chaos the demons are causing, it's because something was troubling him.

Something in the past.

Dyrroth once again hid above the tree where he won't get spotted so easily, I mean, who hides up a tree apart from himself? Only his magenta eyes gave away that is.

His normal magenta eyes went back to the way they used to after he and Ruby got out of the void.

Dyrroth closed his eyes once again and he sat on the branch of the tree. He heard footsteps but didn't open his eyes, even if he peeked, it would give him away.

Suddenly, he was pulled out of his hiding spot and drifting through the clouds. He saw a place, unlike anything he has ever seen. There were tall boxy buildings, colorful lights everywhere, and people... with robots. Weird.

And even weirder, he can't control his movements but only can watch.

He looked down and pressed a button on his wristwatch which transported him to somewhere else that has very thick trees and not a single streak of light can go into the trees. But he found a clearing and went towards it, which led to a darker place.

He turned on the torchlight that was fused to his armor which was weird, and the first thing he saw was an overgrown lizard carrying an air tank behind its back, and of course, from the looks of it, it doesn't look like the air was stored into the tank.

It bowed to him as he went into the entrance beside the Lizard and it was very dark inside. But he turned off the flashlight and he seems to know where he was going. Know where to go, where to head, and where to turn.

At last, he found himself face to face with a girl. She has short purple hair that looks like a helmet, big green color eyes, sickly pale skin, and a stinger behind her back along with insect wings.

"Found him yet?" A voice came out of Dyrroth asked, and it certainly wasn't his voice.

"Yes, I did." The Venom Vespid replied with a dreamy voice. "I'll go to him once it is ready."

Him who is him?

"And how long?" Dyrroth asked her.

"Three months." the girl replied after a moment. "But it will be ready at that time."

"Gotcha!"

Dyrroth jerked back to reality and Harley found him, who was hovering beside him on the tree.

"How did you find me?" he asked Harley.

He shrugged. "I just decided to check since I found you here last time."

Dyrroth groaned.

🧊

"Intruder!"

Dyrroth snapped out of his trance and saw a mob of demons gathering around something. Thamuz was on the table, pointing his razor-sharp finger at the crowd.

"Bring her to the dungeons!" he roared.

Her? It can't be- 

Dyrroth jumped onto the seat of his throne to get a better view and saw what he expected. "WAIT!" he shouted and the mob froze, hands over a girl covered in a red hood.

"Hands of all of you, she's not a threat!" Dyrroth said, jumping off the throne.

"But she's a human!" said a demon with long horns.

"That's right!"

"A human your highness!"

"The intruder!"

"Silence, all of you. I am bringing the intruder into my dungeons." Dyrroth said raucously, grabbing the intruder by her wrist and forcefully pulling her into the gloomy castle.

Dyrroth brought Ruby into his chambers instead of the dungeons. A purple fire danced in the fireplace and it illuminated Ruby and Dyrroth's faces.

"You fool. Coming here without taking cover as a demon? How stupid can you be?" he chided.

"Oh come on, I know you will help me with that one. Anyways I can't dress up since I don't have the stuff to do it!" Ruby retorted.

"When they will think I am friends with a human? They will want my head on a platter!"

"Hogwash."

Both of them heard a thump echo outside and commence into silence. Ruby spun to Dyrroth.

"Come to think of it, I don't see any guards earlier, where are they?"

"No."

"Excuse me?"

"No guards, Dyrroth repeated. "All of them are crap at standing at one place in a stationary position for hours and they tend to have tantrums when they lack excitement."

"Interesting..." she murmured. "so you don't care about finding any guards?"

"I'll do anything for the Abyss," his eyes cut into her. "I just need perfect candidates, apparently, I have none."

Ruby tittered. "How interesting. Back to the point, why am I here? Why did you call me?"

Dyrroth took a deep breath and answered. "I have a sense."

The silence thickened as the girl stared at him.

"You called me here all the way from the Black Forest... for a sense?"

"With this sense, I can sense trouble and when it's about to happen." Dyrroth continued, ignoring the comment. "I can only sense it if I am involved in it."

"That is special," said Ruby. "how did you get that ability?"

"It was probably in one of those blessings that my stepmother has put upon me," Dyrroth shrugged.

"Who was your stepmother?"

"Alice, the blood demon."

"Yikes."

"I can also see visions of the trouble before it happens or just sense it slightly if it's about to happen immediately," said Dyrroth.

"So it is special-"

Suddenly, the world around him faded to black and he saw the face of silver-haired Gusion.

"The time has come, go now Angela."

"As you wish," a dreamy voice came from Dyrroth and he bowed then disappeared into a seam right in the middle of a dark room and saw a big mansion in front of him-

"Dyrroth, are you okay?"

Dyrroth opened his eyes and realized he was lying on the ground and the girl looming over him.

"Ruby, how long was I out?" he asked.

Dyrroth got up. "I sense trouble. I saw the trouble."

"What trouble? Where?"

Dyrroth slowly raised his magenta eyes. "Castle Grandrock. Moniyan, now."