Chapter 8: Trusting your team

Saber wrenched out of Gusion's grip and his teammates did the same.

"H-help-" Cyclops choked, failing to crawl away as Harley's feet were still pinning him.

The mage glared down coldly at him before he removed his feet.

The Saber squad stood together in front of the children, shielding them. Chang'e made to grab Cyclops' hand but Diggie stopped her.

"What do you want?" Saber boomed.

"We want nothing but the Ever cube," said Gusion.

"for the last time no, you will never get it," Saber spat. "No one gets the Magic cube and not even you or your team."

Gusion smirked. Ah well," his violet eyes flew open. "I guess we have to fight." The venom squad prepared on cue.

"Not again, can we all just settle this with peace and harmony-" Rafaela was interrupted by Angela attempting to cast her harmful magic? She lunged out of the way in time.

But once the move was made, the two squads broke out.

"We need a plan," Gusion hissed to his squad.

"Now? Didn't you have a plan earlier Gusion?" Hanabi hissed back.

"We need to get in the building, but how?"

"Let me?"

The Venom squad turned to Harley.

"You?" Hanabi spluttered.

"But it's too dangerous!" Angela said, taking Grock's back as they took on the whole Saber squad. Grock smashed his gas tank to the ground and a loud boom sounded, startling the Venom squad.

"Okay Harley, don't do that, Hanabi is right, it's too dangerous-" Gusion turned to Harley, only to find him gone. He swore under his breath.

Harley flew over the chaos that is happening below, with his octopus hat keeping him from falling to the ground. The Saber squad didn't notice Harley as he flew right to the building behind them. He flew towards the entrance, but-

The door flew open and there stood Diggie, adjusting his hat on his silver hair, and his glasses.

Harley knew it was too late to stop before he-

CRASH.

Diggie and Harley were on the ground, rubbing the spots where it hurt. With Chang'e at the entrance, looking down at them both.

"Diggie are you alright? And oh-" Chang'e looked at Harley who is on the ground beside Diggie, the root octopus on his head was knocked off. 

The others peeked out to see what happened and froze when they saw Diggie and Harley howling in pain.

Harley slowly got up and recollected himself, he then froze when he realized he was exposed. The flying cyborg landed beside Harley.

"Let's go, it's dangerous." she pulled him by his sleeve.

Harley snapped out of his trance and let the cyborg pull him. She put his hat on his head.

"Harley, why are you doing this?" Nana recollected herself in time to stop him from departing with the cyborg.

Harley frowned at her. "Nothing can stop me now." the limbs on Harley's robot hat started to spin and he flew away from the building with the cyborg.

His teammates noticed and retreated from the Saber squad.

Before they went out of sight, all of them heard someone exclaim: "I'm the Legend of Zlatan!" followed by echoing waves of laughter.

🧊