Chapter 7: No one

After that awkward situation with the robot, ("Come on, it looked like he wanted a high-five." Harith pouted. "Seriously, don't leave them hanging.")

Cyclops and the others entered the building. The inside is bright and neat, too bright that all of them had to squint, except for Cyclops since his right eye is a camera lens. And he is trying to ignore Harith who keeps saying "I don't think my title is Fashion Designer, I am pretty sure it's Fashion Expert, says in your tablet here-"

All of them took a seat in the meeting room while Cyclops went to find someone. They were asked to wait ten minutes, but it felt like ten hours.

The inside of the meeting room is also bright, and shiny, with pictured frames of the people who they had no idea about. The table they all sat on was long enough to fill the whole room, and Harith was seated at the far end, away from the others, thinking of something.

🧊

Dyrroth is examining what they call a pen and kept clicking the top but stopped when Ruby shot him a look.

"Never seen a pen before?"

"I did see a pen before, but I just thought I'd see this one," Dyrroth spoke into the translator in his ear. "But, it's still the same."

"The same? But the pen I saw was sharp-edged and needs ink to write." Nana took the pen from Dyrroth. "This one is special."

"Come on, there are two types of the pen in this place," Ruby snorted. "Looks like only half of the Land of Dawn went next level."

"Well, this isn't the first time we've seen robots didn't we?" Nana asked, changing the subject. "They weren't so... futuristic."

"And creepy, I mean, Cyclops has a camera lens for an eye, how creepy is that?" Ruby shuddered. "Walking camera."

"At least he doesn't make a beep sound every time he blinks." Dyrroth sneered. "Now that will be very creepy."

Ruby eyed Dyrroth. "Yes, and imagine what will happen if you decided to live here permanently."

"This place looks like the colossal version of Laboratory 1718," said Nana.

Dyrroth eyed the ceiling. "Now, that is one of the places in the Land of Dawn that went next level- ARGH!"

Suddenly, a strong glow of violet came out of nowhere as purple flames appeared on Dyrroth's right hand. The spot his right hand was on just now went up in flames. The girls screamed, the boys panicked as the purple fire started to spread all over the wooden polished table.

"Darn it!" Dyrroth swore while trying to get rid of the purple flames on his right hand.

Harith started swearing as the purple fire spread to the whole table. His friend told him not to play with fire since it was dangerous since he used to burn a matchstick for fun to watch at, that wasn't dangerous, now this was dangerous.

The girls screamed for help and the boys swore loudly on the top of their voices.

Dyrroth is still trying to get rid of the purple flames on his right hand, which wasn't helping at all since it was still there. Then he realized why his hand isn't hurting.

Maybe it's the shock, pain will kick in after the shock wears off, right? He thought.

That's when Dyrroth noticed that the table didn't burn down, nor was there any smoke anywhere. The others started to notice too, so they calmed down.

"What's going on?" Nana eyed the purple flames dancing to the wind.

"I think that's my power," Dyrroth mumbled.