Chapter 11: Sacrifice

"What did you do," Ruby peeped.

Harith stared at Harley's cold body, dumbstruck.

"It never- I didn't mean to-" he mumbled.

Suddenly, a loud cold laughter erupted out of nowhere and made everyone shudder. All of them turned towards the doorway, five figures that were shadowed in the doorway approached the kids.  As soon as they entered the light, it sent chills down their spines. Because looking back at them was the  Venom squad, and Harley was with them.

"Great job Harith," he clapped his hands as he sneered at Harith.

Harith was stunned, so were the others.

"But I thought you were-" Harith swiveled where Harley was slumped dead, only to find nothing at all.

"All of you are fooled so easily," he smirked.

The others behind Harley burst into laughter.

"But you can't do magic with the enchantment on!" Chang'e screamed.

Harley tilted his head. "True, but thanks to your friend here..." he gestured to the Saber badge next to the Venom one.

The kids glowered at Cyclops.

"I think I may have dropped a few..." he peeped.

"Which made it easier for us," said Gusion. "now, give us the Magic cube."

"No!" Cyclops screamed and threw himself in front of the magic cube. "You are gonna destroy this wonderful place, so I will not let you!"

"You're the reason my brother is dead, my only family!" Hanabi screamed.

"He tried to destroy Zlatan, and now you're going to do it too," said Cyclops.

"That's it!" Harley raised his staff and the lights went off, even the glow of the cube is gone.

They heard the shatter of glass and footsteps running away from them. Cyclops pressed the button on his earpiece and screamed: "Venom is getting away with the cube!"

The lights returned and the showcase was shattered, and the cube is gone.

Meanwhile, the Venom squad is running down the corridors passed stunned cyborgs and robots along the way. Angela is holding the cube in her arms until Harley realized something-

"The cube, it's a fake!"

"What?" four of them exclaimed together.

"It's not even glowing!" he shouted.

"Then where did the glow come from earlier?" Hanabi asked.

Harley gritted his teeth. "The showcase."

"And where is the real cube?" Gusion asked.

Harley gave it a thought. Then at the entrance, he saw a police car drove off with sirens blaring.

"I think I know where."

🧊

Meanwhile, in the police car, Rafaela, Saber, and Layla are seated, with Saber holding the magic cube which emitted a blue glow.

"We need to hide it in a place where Venom will never find it," Saber muttered.

"But where?" asked Layla.

Saber looked out of the window. "Destroy it."

"Destroy it? You're not serious." Rafaela gasped.

"If they get their hands on the magic cube, it will be the end of Zlatan," said Saber. "so the only way Zlatan could ever be safe is that we destroy the cube."