Chapter 19: Another problem

Harley slowly fell to the ground and landed next to the mattress where Dr. Bob was on. 

"What are you doing this for," he asked the doctor. "I don't see why would a crazed doctor try to destroy this city without a reason."

Dr. Bob sighed. "I was just trying to discover the wonders of the magic cube, but I guess I got too carried away..."

Then it was Harley's turn to sigh. "I guess infinite power isn't meant for old people... No offense."

Harith landed on the ground and Gloom returned to normal. And it tried to bite Harith.

"L-Lylia!! Get this prick away from me!!" Harith tried to shoo Gloom off.

Lylia snapped her fingers and Gloom immediately returned to her side. 

"He's not a prick." Lylia frowned.

Harith looked at her with bulging eyes. 

"It has a gender now?"

Lylia ignored him and petted the cute yet deadly creature.

The Saber squad came to get Dr. Bob on his feet.

"I think you have a lot of explaining to do," said Saber.

Dr. Bob let them drag him to Johnson who is in vehicle mode.

"So...What now?" Ruby asked.

Cyclops took out a metal owl and threw it to the ground. It exploded and out came a portal which was mesmerizing.

"Back home," Cyclops gestured to the portal.

Dyrroth slowly walked towards the lot of them. Clearly, he was still in a dizzy state having his power taken from him then restored.

"Finally, we can go back-" he stumbled into the portal head first.

Ruby quickly ran after him, followed by all the others. 

The portal closed when Cyclops went in last.

🧊

Everything goes back to normal.

The Saber and Venom squad worked together to protect the city and seal off the magic cube if anyone would follow in Dr. Bob's footsteps.

Only one of the members of the Saber and Venom squad will be in charge for 3 days, then it will be the turn of another member.

Harley however, doesn't need to do it. They understood that he has to learn in the Academy of Magic. So it all went on, one member stays in charge then 3 days later, another comes and the previous member goes back to rest in the Land of Dawn.

As for Diggie and Cyclops, everyone was asking questions about how were they human in the first place. Apparently, Chang'e made them a potion that will turn them into humans for 6 months.

And after that 6 months, they are back into being oversized weird yet awkward creatures.

But they won't be if they drink the potion again.

 After the kids exited the portal to Zlatan, they ended up in Harley's home, where he lives with Lesley. Cyclops explained that the owl can only take them to one location. So he chose Harley's home.

They stayed for a few days keeping Harley and his sister company, (Even though they didn't need any) and having fun with each other along the way.

Nana helped Lesley with the house chores and cooking which were all sugary and tasty. So Lesley decided to teach Nana to cook normal meals. Because the human body can't be able to handle that much sugar.

Thus, Cyclops asked Nana about why leonins eat sugary stuff all the time. She said it will give you power.

So the first time Nana cooked dinner when they arrived, it was rainbow soup.

All of them eyed it in the first place but Dyrroth drank it first before any of them (Apart from the leonins) and he got a sugar rush ("Oh my God.") and he howled for more rainbow soup.

The only way they calmed him down was when Ruby decided to hit him on his head with her scythe. (Yes, extremely painful) And he did not have any recollections when he woke up. He didn't even feel any pain in his head.

Lylia and Harley got word that the Academy of Magic was all fixed up and they can go back to the academy after today.

The funny part of their stay was when Dyrroth accidentally let slip that he liked the little red hood on the third night. He was embarrassed when all of them teased him until he completely let loose.

"Shut up, I do not like her, I SAID SHUT-" 

His rage faded when he took a glimpse at Ruby.

Then they all laughed.

"It's really cute of you Dyrroth." Ruby laughed.

🧊

It was midnight and only Harith was awake. He didn't go back to Lumina City because he just wanted to spend time with all of them before they leave and go their separate ways for the time being. 

He shared Harley's bedroom. Harith noticed that Harley kept tossing around sometimes with his eyes closed. 

"You're awake aren't you?"

Harley's eyes fluttered open.

"Yes."

"Well, I can't sleep either, come here." he beckoned him to the balcony of his bedroom.

Harley got up and went towards Harith who sat on the window silt, gazing at the night sky. They spotted Cyclops somewhere in the plains gazing at the sky too.

"Do you think this whole adventure is just too... extreme for kids like us?" Harith asked.

Harley shrugged. 

"I don't think it's too hard." A voice that didn't come from both of them replied.

They swiveled and saw Lylia behind them.

"Lylia? You're not asleep?" Harley asked.

Lylia shook her head. 

"I can't sleep." she stood between the boys and gazed out the balcony too. "Hey, what will you guys do if you're life was, normal?"

The duo took a moment to respond.

"At least we won't have to worry about any bad guys coming for us," Harith said finally.

They stared at the sky which was now visible of stars, all twinkling and shiny. It made them relax a little as if none of the stuff ever happened earlier. But they just wish that one day, they can live without worrying about any bad stuff happening...

🧊

The city was a mess, everything was dark and broken. The place lost its glow.

Somebody stepped out of the shadows slowly holding a glowing blue cube with some thin outlines on it.

Each step that figure takes made people around him shudder. If there were anyone around him.

He was wearing a hat that was hard and mechanical, his suit was splashed with purple and green. A familiar crest was shown on his chest plate.

His glowing purple eyes were full of malice, and his hand clutched that blue cube tightly as if afraid to let it go. In his other hand, held a knife dripped with blood.

The dark alley behind him glowed green all of a sudden, enough to light up four other faces, their eyes full of murder.

"Well, good doesn't always win do they?" The figure holding the cube said.