Chapter 1

~ cassidy greengrass ~

I look up from my book to see Theo towering over me. I examined his defined jawline and face then blushed, looking back down to my book.

"Hey Greengrass." He said. "Hi." I said simply. "What're you doing in the library, it's almost curfew." He said.

"I should be asking you that? But, I'd have to change it up. Why are you here? This is a library." I shot back.

He chuckled. "Okay okay. Snape needs you." He said. I raise my eyebrow. "And he's sending you to come get me?" I said.

He scoffed. "He needs me there too." He said. I rolled my eyes and shut my book, standing up. He didn't move out of my way.

"Excuse me." I said annoyed. He tilted my chin up, making me look him in the eyes. He turned my head to examine my face.

I felt butterflies all over my body. He let go of my chin and stepped to the side. I walked forward and shook my body off.

As I said good night to Madame Pince I walked out of the library.

"Why does he need you?" I asked as we approached Snape's new office. He shrugged. "All he said was 'Get Ms Greengrass and both of you return here after.'" He mocked Snape.

I laughed at his impression. "Lily." The statue moved and revealed steps leading up. "He said that was the password?" He nodded.

"It must be his favorite flower or something." He said. He hopped onto the stairs and held his hand out for me to take.

I grabbed his hand and stepped onto the moving stairs. He let go of my hand as we got to the top.

I stepped off of the stairs and Theo knocked on the door. The door swung open. "Come in." Snape's boring voice echoed.

We walked in and moved in front of his desk. "You are both going to be Head students. You-" He gestured to Theo. "-Head Boy and you-" He nodded to me. "-Head Girl."

My eyebrows furrowed. "Why is Theo Head Boy?" I asked. "Hey!" "Shut up." I said.

"Mr Nott is Head Boy because he is the smartest male student in Slytherin." Snape said.

"You couldn't pick anyone from another house?" I said. "This sounds like complaints Miss Greengrass would you like Miss Granger to take over your spot?"

The pressure on my eyebrows released. I shook my head. "Good. You two are to go around the school doing nightly rounds every night, make sure everyone is doing what they're supposed to, and if it comes to this, you can deduct house points, but not give them."

I nodded. He held out both of his hands. "Your pins." I grabbed the pin and put it on my robe.

"We're done. Go away." I turned on my heel and walked out of his office, down the steps, and out into the corridor.

I felt his arm wrap around my shoulder. A blush rose to my cheeks. "What's up Greengrass you don't wanna be Head Girl with me?"

"No." I said. "Why not?" I sighed. "Because you won't take it seriously." I said.

"And you're the party animal, and as Head Boy you're supposed to be stopping parties and things like that, so I don't think you'll last."

He scoffed. "Just because I'm Head Boy doesn't mean I can't have fun." He said, arm still on my shoulder.

"Okay. Do what you want." I said as we stopped at the brick wall. "Thank you."

"Pureblood." The bricks moved and we walked in. Immediately I saw Draco, Pansy, Blaise, and my sisters turn their heads to us.