Chapter 12

~ cassidy greengrass ~

I smelt strawberries and cigarettes so I blinked my eyes open to see my head in Pansy's chest. I took a deep breath and hugged her tightly.

My sisters and the boys weren't here so Pansy was probably the only one who stayed with me.

I checked my watch and it read 11:50pm. I sighed and draped my cloak over myself, walking out of my dorm to start my nightly round.

I walked out of the Slytherin common room and into the hallways. I explored the castle with my prefects badge on.

I turned a corner then turned back around, since I explored half of the castle. Nott is supposed to watch at the other side so I walked back to my dorm.

I shut the door quietly and laid back down with Pansy.

I woke up again at 8:30. Raising my hands above my head I stretched, given we have no classes today. Pansy wasn't in my bed so she probably went back to her dorm.

Standing up from my bed, I walked to the bathroom. I began to brush my teeth when I heard a knock on the door.

I opened it and my toothbrush almost fell out of my mouth. "Hey Cass- merlin what happened to your face?" Theo said, raising his hand to touch my cheek.

I slapped his hand away, tears filling my eyes. "Cass what's wrong." I punched him in the chest but he didn't seem fazed.

"Don't you ever. Come near me again." I pushed him back once more and shut the door. "Cass?" I opened the door to see Pansy on the other side of it.

She walked toward me, holding her arms out. "I'm sorry baby." She said comfortingly. My tears fell onto her shirt, soaking it.

"Who- does he think he is? He showed up here after- after hitting me like nothing happened." I said. "I know." Pansy stroked my hair slightly.

"Do you want your sisters?" She asked. I took a shaky breath. "Just- just Astoria." I said. She nodded as kissed my cheek.

"I'll be right back." "Okay." I said quietly, watching her leave. As soon as she shut the door I opened my window, grabbing the baggie.

I formed some into a line and inhaled. Then another line. Another. Again. One more.

The door creaked open. I gasped, hiding the baggie behind my back and wiping my nose. My sister shook her head, walking toward me with her hand out.

I shook my head. "Cassidy." "No." I said. "Give me the bag now, it's for your own good. Do you wanna end up like Blaise? He's just waking up now from sleeping for a whole day because he almost overdosed!" She said.

I stood up from my bed, slightly getting dizzy. "He's awake? Can- can you bring him here?" She shook her head.

"Not until you give me the bag, then I'll bring you to Theo's dorm." I cowered back. "No. Put him in his own dorm, then I'll give you the bag and I'll go see him." I said.

Astoria looked back at Pansy. Pansy gave her a look then Astoria turned back to me. "Fine." I followed her out of my dorm as the boys pulled Blaise into his and Draco's dorm.

Theo took a glance at me as I walked toward Blaise but I ignored him. I sat down next to Blaise on his bed, rubbing his thumb.

"How are you." He nodded. "What happened?" I asked. He sighed. "Some Hufflepuff gave me a small baggie for one galleon. It seemed like a cheap price so I took it." He said.

I took a deep breath, hugging him. "Well, you need to stop taking coke from Hufflepuffs then." He chuckled. "And you can have some of mine." I said quietly and gestured to my back pocket.