The Day Ninjago Stood Still

(The Serpentine are in the Lost City of Ouroboros cheering Skales as the new Serpentine King.)

All except the Generals: (Chanting.) Skales! Skales! Skales!

Skales: (Smacking a box out of Skalidor's hands) Idiot. (Laughs.) Oh, thank you, thank you. (To the Generals) Get down, get down. (To the crowd) You're too kind! (To Acidicus) Scram. Go, go, go. (To the crowd) Hypnobrai, Venomari, Constrictai, and Fangpyre. Hear me! The troubled reign of that duplicitous human Garmadon...

Mezmo: (Punching Spitta) You're it.

Spitta: No, you're it.

Skales: ...is finally at an end. At last, our time has come.

Mezmo: Hahaha, not you! (He slaps Spitta on the back of his head.)

Skales: We Serpentine must now unite in a common destiny. To secure our place as rulers of Ninjago, and not let those insufferable surface dwellers win. So as my first order, I say we burrow beneath their beloved city, to bury them as they once buried us! Fellow Serpentine, it's time we knock Ninjago City back down to size!

(At Grand Sensei Dareth's Mojo Dojo, the ninja are training a blindfolded Lloyd.)

(Y/n): Don't rely on your eyes. Use your ears.

Dareth: Uh, guys, I'm teaching a class later, so I'd appreciate a clean dojo.

(The ninja ignore him and kept fighting, knocking Jay into his collection of fake trophies.)

Jay: Aah!

Dareth: Ah! No, no, no! No, no, no! No! No, no, no.

(He opens a window to prevent it from being broken by Jay, who was sent flying by Lloyd.)

Jay: Aah!

(Lloyd uses his Fire powers and set a small patch of carpet on fire.)

Dareth: No, no, no, no! (He puts it out and sighs.)

Jay: Hey, open the window! Let me in!

(At the Destiny's Bounty, Wu looks at a photo of Misako, Garmadon, and himself in the past. Misako comes in unexpectedly, startling Wu.)

Misako: I'd forgotten how pale Garmadon was before his change to evil was complete.

Wu: (puts the picture away in his hat) Misako, once again, you slip through my defenses.

Misako: I'm sorry, I didn't mean to pry. I brought my research on the prophecy of the Green Ninja. I thought maybe we could go over it together.

Wu: (Accidentally dropping the scrolls) Hmm, my. There's so much. It will take days. (He starts picking them up.)

Misako: I should have chosen you.

Wu: (Sighs) The past is the past.

Misako: Yes, but there's always the future. (They feel the ground rumbling.)

Wu: The ground moves. I fear unnatural causes. (They go to the dojo.)

Gayle: (On TV) NGTV reporter Gayle Gossip on the scene of what appears to be an earthquake rocking the city of Ninjago. But it's an earthquake like no other, as scientists have yet to pinpoint the cause. And more frightening still, the aftershocks are getting stronger.

(Everyone watching on the streets gasps.)

Cole: What do you think this could be?

Kai: Wouldn't be surprised if it was Garmadon. We haven't seen him for a while.

Misako: He would never. Lloyd's father is evil, but he would never do anything to put his son in harm's way.

Wu: Misako's right. He only tried to thwart his training. This is something else.